• Tweets

• should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
  • Our picks

notodebt

Ex employer requesting overpay of salary + holidays

Tues 29th ...33 days from and including the date on the claim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for that Andy. I am away for 3 days from 26th and back the 30th Nov.

Can I get some assistance with a defence to submit this week , bearing in mind I am still awaiting the SAR...

Breaking down the particulars of claim .....if you could respond to each line in bullet response.

The defendant was employed by the claimant as a ************  under a contract of employment commencing on July 2008 which is subject to English law .

The defendants employment with the claimant ended on Feb 2014.

The defendant received an over payment of salary from the claimant amounting to £396.55.

This over payment was due to the defendant exceeding his annual leave entitlement by 16 hours and the defendant was paid for 25 ? 28 Feb 2014 after having left his employment on 24 Feb 2018.

The claimant has called upon the defendant to make payment of the sum owed,

however the defendant has refused or delayed to make payment and accordingly this action has been rendered necessary.

the claimant claims int under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1/4/2014 to 26/9/2019 on £396.55 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.09 

Admit deny or accept and add alternative and then it can be drafted into a CPR compliant response.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The defendant was employed by the claimant as a ************  under a contract of employment commencing on July 2008 which is subject to English law .

The defendants employment with the claimant ended on Feb 2014.

• The defendant admits being employed from July 2008 to Feb 2014

The defendant received an over payment of salary from the claimant amounting to £396.55.

This over payment was due to the defendant exceeding his annual leave entitlement by 16 hours and the defendant was paid for 25 ? 28 Feb 2014 after having left his employment on 24 Feb 2018.

• The defendant admits receiving the payment but denies this is due to over-payment of annual leave . The defendant was on suspended leave for an ongoing dispute during this duration and not annual leave as the claimant is reporting.

The claimant has called upon the defendant to make payment of the sum owed,

however the defendant has refused or delayed to make payment and accordingly this action has been rendered necessary.

• The defendant denies refusing or delaying payment and has previously asked the claimant to clarify how they have calculated this payment. The claimant has not provided a breakdown of the requested information

the claimant claims int under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 1/4/2014 to 26/9/2019 on £396.55 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.09 

• The claimants calculation is based on an incorrect sum.

Admit deny or accept and add alternative and then it can be drafted into a CPR compliant response.

Let me know how this is ....thanks 

#######Defence########

I Mr xxxxxxx the defendant in this claim accordingly sets out the defence below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The defendant admits receiving the payment but denies this is due to over-payment of annual leave . The defendant was on suspended leave for an ongoing dispute during this duration and not annual leave as the claimant pleads.

3. Paragraph 2 is noted.The defendant admits receiving the payment but denies this is due to over-payment of annual leave . The defendant was on suspended leave for an ongoing dispute during this duration and not annual leave as the claimant is reporting.

4. Paragraph 3 is noted. The defendant denies refusing or delaying payment and has previously asked the claimant to clarify how they have calculated this payment. The claimant has not provided a breakdown of the requested information.

5. Paragraph 4 is denied.The claimants calculation is based on an incorrect sum.

6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing the amount claimed to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence by way of a  CPR 31.14, request therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:-

a) Evidence and quantify the amount claimed.

7.. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. . By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed

Many thanks Andy for taking the time out to do this.

That looks great...

So an update...letter from company HR saying that unable to respond to timescale due to the process in place to retrieve my personal information held in various sources across the organisation ( told you they were incompetent)  Steps are in place to retrieve the information however this will require time to retrieve data and give a timescale of Jan 13th 2020.

They then ask if I can specify particular information or processing activity that my request relates to..

I don't see why I should be specific at this point , all data may be relevant for a defence , what do people think?

I also have form from the court for allocation so please let me know if the following is correct :

Do I agree to small claims mediation 

Do you agree that small claims track is appropriate  Y 

Hearing venue - My local court 

Expert evidence - N

Witnesses - 1 

Fill in the available dates section that I am or not available

Finally serve a copy to the claimant , court and keep one for myself 

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

Post moved to correct thread.

Andy

Thanks for moving 

Just a further update... Defence filed and copies sent to court + claimant.  They have agreed to mediation along with myself but I have marked on the defence form that I do not have all the relevant information which of course I don't as my SAR request has not been satisfied yet.

Searching through my emails I have located one dated 2016 where I was communicating  with the legal dept , in the mail they said they were going to take legal action unless I paid the outstanding amount. I told them the situation ( on suspended leave not A/L then resigned) and not to take any action until they confirmed my resignation. I also asked them for a breakdown of how they got these figures , again nothing was forthcoming. The follow up email states that they do not have a copy of that resignation letter and they would refer to the HR department. Obviously that never materialised. I am sure I have a copy of that letter along with correspondence with my union rep via email while I was on suspended leave. So in all likelihood they will not produce SAR in time and cannot provide my resignation letter.

Just a further update! So far no documentation for SAR request. I have also trawled back through an old BT email account I am still using , found email conversations between myself , HR and union rep. There is mention of my ongoing case with the company, correspondence with HR about coming back to site for follow up interviews and dealings with my rep up to the point I handed in my resignation which was Feb 2014. As far as I can see these conversations prove that I was on suspended leave pending investigation. Coupled with the fact the SAR if it ever appears will not have these email trails as I suspect my works email account was deleted a long time back. 

In terms of the mediation I have already noted that I do not have all the relevant information so this will render any mediation useless which should proceed it to court. 

For now I will keep these cards close to my chest and provide those documents at a later date. I feel confident that a judge will throw this out on the grounds of their lack of evidence in the first instance.