STATUE BARRED 3 YEARS AGO

SHELBELLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I came home to a lovely letter from Reston's this evening:~

Although I have put the Claimant to strict proof they state that I didn't enter in to an agreement with the Claimant blah blah blah

and that if I want the details I have requested that I should check my own records,

and they are at a loss to understand why I would need such documents.

They rattle on about T&c's and recommend that their client strikes out my defence

and to stop a judgement being obtained for the full amount plus costs I should withdraw my defence to stop this happening

and complete and return the N9A (admission).

.....all this when I have it in writing from Cabot that they at the moment my agreement is unenforceable in court...

Well they can shove their N9A where the sun don't shine because I am not withdrawing my defence.

...and I am so glad I have already read up on Reston's tactics...

Wonder what the response to the discontinuation request will be....

S.B.

yep typical restons

trying to intimidate a defendant

when they know full well they've no paperwork I bet!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just checked MCOL and nothing was submitted by Cabot before the deadline...........and no correspondence in the post.

So am I right in guessing that this is now stayed? And if I want to apply for it to be struck out I have to pay £155.00?

Thanks in advance.

S.B. X

I would assume so Shelb...as for striking out...what are your grounds?...and don't think because its stayed.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I didn't apply for a strike out on any of mine Shelbelle, I don't think they bother carrying on if a defence is submitted.

They always hope to get a judgement by default imo, although I've not had to deal with any recently.

Thank goodness!

Thanks Andy, would the grounds that I have a letter confirming that it is unenforceable and they have no documents not be sufficient? Just wanted to do my upmost to ensure that it doesn't get any further on if I can.

Thank you Dotty, I am not sure whether to just leave it or try and bring it to a close.

S.B.

It is difficult to know what to do for the best, I think I had to deal with another claim fairly soon after the first one so I just didn't get around to doing anything.

My understanding is that claimant will need to have a very valid reason to get the stay lifted and I guess that will cost them more.

Where did the letter confirming no docs come from? They need an original or a true copy to take it to court so if they don't have the document, how can they produce a 'true copy'?

I personally would leave it stayed...its no more than a speculative claim at this stage...so it causes you no problems.£155 to make application to strike out.....might just force them to retrieve or even conjure something up...its a gamble and one I really dont advocate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Happy New Year Shelb

Ok thank you Andy and Dotty....will sit tight.

Happy New Year.

S.B.

I know someone who has had a stayed claim coming up to 6 years on 18 May 2016 !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

a claimform stops the clock don't they?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So too late for initial court claim I receive another illegible(and unenforceable) copy of the agreement with from what I can tell a generic set of terms. And they (Cabot) tell me that they can now obtain a CCJ...but they would prefer me to deal with them direct.

I know they now have to apply to the court to get the stay lifted..so do I sit and wait or shall I rely to their dribble?

Thanks in advance....S.B. X