Hi I've been working for a company for about six months before having to go off sick. It's likely I won't work again due to 3 incurable diseases I've now been diagnosed with. I worked a minimum of 36 hours a week over 3 days doing 12 hours a day. I was on zero hours but from what I've worked out off the government website I should ben entitled to full ssp which I think is roughly 94 a week. I get paid on the last Thursday of the month and my wage is calculated from the Thursday before this. I finished work on the 22nd of July and that period ran to the 22nd of August giving 5 weeks. I was then only paid 275 ssp which even with the 3 qualifying days didn't seem right. I then got paid again last week expecting 4 weeks of ssp yet only paid 245. I've  questioned it with pay roll who said it's automatically calculated and right but without explanation. Can anyone let me know if they think this is right please? I don't want to create any trouble with the company as they have been good in every other way considering my health. I'm now having to tell universal credit that I'm not getting full ssp even though they think and have me down as doing so. 

Hi and thanks Honeybee, that's the one I've used already. Thanks anyway though. Know its not a massive amount but going from a wage to just ssp has made things hard. I've not sorted benefits out yet even though should be easily entitled to PIP but know it takes a while. 

We also have a Benefits forum if you need advice on applying for PIP, etc.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks, I'll be looking at that but think I'm sorted. I fell foul with the PIP decision makers already. I got some advice before reapplying. I went unprepared last time and the report was a complete lie.