• Tweets

• aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
    • Hi there, the company name on the bit of paper is:   Bristow & Sutor   Says the total amount £990.49 and this includes £235 enforement stage fees,  The CTAX was owed to North Tyneside Council. The guy also said that it wasn't just for CTAX. Other debts were combined.   I did leave other debts behind too when I moved. Perhaps a utility bill, credit card debts and a Provi doorstep loan.   I think the guy said that he would be back Saturday too. This is what I'm trying to avoid multiple visits. Don't want my mam to get upset.   Thanks for the help.   Bear
    • Hi   Just to be clear a Tenant cannot refuse to pay rent after they have signed your Tenancy Agreement for the property irrespective if they are claiming no hot water for xx weeks especially when you have evidence to the contrary.   As they are now 2 months in arrears they have breached your tenancy agreement and you could go down the section 8 route for the rent arrears to evict your tenant and the letting agent you employed should be fully aware of this.   The hot water issue sounds more like the tenant didn't have a clue how to operate the heating system within your property   Has the Letting Agent informed this Tenant about the rents arrears and their Guarantor who would also be liable for the rents arrears?   Now the Tenant that wants to leave early as there is no 'Break Clause' in your Tenancy Agreement signed they would have to negotiate with you the Landlord to leave early as they are then in breach of that signed Tenancy Agreement.   Now before doing any of this is they have paid a Deposit it should be protected in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme and they should have been give a copy of that deposit schemes prescribed terms.
    • So a bit of an update as I haven’t posted for a while   I have received a court date of the 14th of Feb 2020 (maybe they will take me for a nice meal afterwards?) so I am starting to prepare my witness statement.    today I have received a letter from BW legal in response to my CPR letter yet again ignoring the fact that their T&Cs do not cover double parking.   They are also now starting to hint that I was parked out of the bay yet the images provided on their evidence of the three tickets they are claiming for don’t evidence this as they are such bad quality.  stapled to the back of this is another letter.   As a “gesture of good will”, the client is offering an out of court settlement figure of £500 payable in the next 5 days. Me thinks they are starting to realise they may not have a leg to stand on here!
    • firstly , they are not a Debt collector [never confuse the two - a DCA chasing consumer credit debt is totally powerless and have ZERO legal powers to do or take anything - they have no more legal powers than you or I do ] these will be bailiffs and do they have legal powers.   However, the good bit is that unlike what you might have seen on TV, for a council CTAX liability order [please confirm there is or NOT a CCJ registered check your creit file] there is NO right of forced entry. The bottom line is, bar all the arm waving, is, that if you simply totally ignore them, they will eventually go away.   Now what they can do is two fold on CTAX. basically add fees to a set limit.   the first is a notice of enforcement letter. this comes with a fee of £75 and gives you 7 days to set up some sort of payment plan.   the second is an actual visit, where by a further fee of £235, whereby the fees are now £310 , the maximum they can ever add to the CTAX bill. this is typically accompanied by a threat to removed goods, it's cleverly worded or 'explained' to make you 'think' they can waltz in any take anything they like. THEY CANNOT unless YOU let them in. which you don't, nor leave doors unlocked as they can then enter through what is called 'peaceful entry'.   in real term, the seizure of goods is limited to stuff outside like cars YOU might own that are not behind locked gates.   so i'm not too sure what stage you are at  so please clarify. the name of the bailiff company. how much you now owe the county council the CTAX is owed too.   if you have any/all paperwork please scan it to PDF  after redaction - read our upload guide]   one last point. they don't keep coming around they don't keep ringing. neither of those gander them anymore money so they don't bother.   dx      
  • Our picks

unclebulgaria67

Magic money tree exists ?

Why is it that Governments always seem to have magic money trees available to harvest, when there is the chance of a General Election in the near future ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49872190

£25 billion to spend on roads. 40 new Hospitals announced recently (mostly in marginal constituencies), higher increase in state pension next year etc. 

Opposition parties often make similar promises and Governments shout loudly about how making these unaffordable commitments, will just increase the national debt etc.

Do parties in Government believe voters are stupid ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

33 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Do parties in Government believe voters are stupid ?

Errrr.....

Do Parties think voters are stupid? err yes,  They will promise the moon and stars, but won't announce the exiting new taxes they will have to impose to try to balance the books midway through a term of office.  Actually the Parties are now part of the problem, and don't properly represent those who support them.  They rely on Vote like granddad in many seats, which is where Safe Seats come from.  It used to be put a monkey up with a red rosette in Stoke on Trent, and the monkey was automatically elected.

Take Brexit, the Parties all misunderstand EU law, and present Brexit as an Event.  Its not it's a Process, and the whole debate is skewed on a bed of misinformation, lies and lack of knowledge.  Article 50 is EU law, the Supreme Court is subordinate to EU Law, therefore the Benn Act has no influence on the EU, and the Supreme Court can only use it against UK politicians.  If the EU decides not to grant the extension or other stuff the PM is compelled to ask for, then NO Deal will be the result no ifs buts maybe's. No UK court, Gina Miller, uncle Tom Cobley, and all can compel the EU to do squat.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I don't think at least half of voters are stupid enough to believe any Government announcement or any political party spending pledge.

Sad state of affairs when there is very little trust ! And it is not just politics, but Banks, Insurance companies, Energy companies etc.

Is there any organistation most members of the public trust ?  

Is this because Social Media and modern technology allows for iquestioning/challenging, fact checking and accountability to be performed quickly ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Probably so UB, genie is out of the bottle, expect draconian control measures on information flow in the future.  The Politicians have been caught out by modern communications, they will find it difficult to prevent information leaking going forward whatever they do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It has been proved over and over again that the electorate dont vote in a govt/party that tells the truth, they always go for the lies that offer the biggest supposed benefit so promise tax cuts, free beer or wahtever and people will go for it even if they arent the ones who would benefit.

Apply logic and even the most innocuous of pledges unravel so plant 30/60 million trees a year? where? at what cost to both the public purse and the landowner. For example plant 100 hactares of trees and a farmer would lose £40+ million potential income from growing crops before they reached any size where they could make a return and who currently which nursery  has 300 million saplings in stock. The loss of food production also means that somewhere in the world another 500 people will have to starve to death as a result but as an abstract "we must be seen to be doing something" pledge it is great.

I do think Political parties should have their costed manifestos put through the same checking process. And then independent reports can be published, so voters are informed.

And proportional representation would mostly stop majority Governments being formed, where they can do as they wish.  Of course this would mean manifestos are subject to negotiation between parties and having to compromise. 

UK election processes tend to favour current Government parties, as they have up to date Treasury information.