Pocket pre payment Mastercard witholding money

REDDRAGON
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place?. If not please feel free to move it.

Ok, my problem. 

A few months ago I applied for  a pre payment Mastercard with a company called Pockit.

Found it convenient and was reasonable.

I also applied for an additional card for a friend that was staying at my address while studying, she is from abroad so thought it would be handy for her, I could top up her card and she could use it both here and back home.

Things were going fine until she went back home, Poland. She used the card a few times with no problems, then she went on holidays to Crete, and while she was out there, I tried to top up her card via mine and found that it was rejected.

I contacted Pockit to find out what the problem was and was informed that they had blocked the card as they wanted to undertake further checks on my friend.

They required a copy of her passport, evidence of her residency here in the UK, copy of utility bills in her name, Where the money had come from, and evidence of earnings.

Other than the passport she didn't have any of the other documentation.

She stayed at my home address, so didn't have any residency proof or utility bills in her name.  And the money on the card was from my account.

We received no notification that there was a problem or that they were going to put a block on her card. This all came out of the blue, and left her stranded while she was away.

When they blocked the card thee was over £1600 balance on her card.

I have written to them stating that we cannot supply the documentation that they want other than the passport, they have refused to unblock the card or refund the monies on it. It has now been over a month.

I  asked them to refund the monies back on to my card as originally, it was my money to start with, they reply with until they receive the documents asked for they will not unblock the card  and we cannot get access to the monies on there.

I have been pondering with the idea of going to my bank and asking for a chargeback, as the monies were originally topped onto my card via my bank account before being transferred onto her card.

I am in limbo and want to try and get the money returned as  soon as possible.

Just to reiterate, I am the primary cardholder, her card can only be used to withdraw what funds are on it that go through my card, she cannot top up her card or anything else other than through the primary card.

Final point, They are asking my friend for all this information not me, my card is still active and I would have thought that if they had concerns they would have asked me or this information as i'm the primary cardholder.

Thanks for your help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks,

I am aware of the terms and cannot see where I   or my friend have breached them.

I supplied them with her name, my address that she was residing at,  and her dob before they even issued her with an additional card.

They had this information but are now insisting on further information that she cannot give. 

I have asked them to refund the amounts on her card to my account as the primary cardholder and been ignored

Looking at other forums about this company it would seem that they do this to cardholders quite regularly. they encourage customers to place their wages and benefits onto their cards, then block them for weeks at a time, leaving people   without any funds.

What are your views on my instigating a chargeback?.

• dx100uk changed the title to Pocket pre payment Mastercard witholding money

should work

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your friend has probably tripped their anti-money laundering (AML) process.

Sections 33, 7.6, 15.4 of their T’s & C’s.

I’d write (have previous communications been in writing?) explaining (re-explaining!?), stressing that you are the source of the funds, and you can show their source if need be.

You can add why you (and her) can supply a copy of her passport but not a utility bill. Does she have any documents proving her address (UK or non-UK address?)

You are considering a chargeback. If this situation has been triggered by the AML process, that may stall any chargeback, and a chargeback request could exacerbate the situation.

Edited by BazzaS