• Tweets

• you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
    • Hi there, the company name on the bit of paper is:   Bristow & Sutor   Says the total amount £990.49 and this includes £235 enforement stage fees,  The CTAX was owed to North Tyneside Council. The guy also said that it wasn't just for CTAX. Other debts were combined.   I did leave other debts behind too when I moved. Perhaps a utility bill, credit card debts and a Provi doorstep loan.   I think the guy said that he would be back Saturday too. This is what I'm trying to avoid multiple visits. Don't want my mam to get upset.   Thanks for the help.   Bear
  • Our picks

REDDRAGON

Pocket pre payment Mastercard witholding money

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place?. If not please feel free to move it.

Ok, my problem. 

A few months ago I applied for  a pre payment Mastercard with a company called Pockit.

Found it convenient and was reasonable.

I also applied for an additional card for a friend that was staying at my address while studying, she is from abroad so thought it would be handy for her, I could top up her card and she could use it both here and back home.

Things were going fine until she went back home, Poland. She used the card a few times with no problems, then she went on holidays to Crete, and while she was out there, I tried to top up her card via mine and found that it was rejected.

I contacted Pockit to find out what the problem was and was informed that they had blocked the card as they wanted to undertake further checks on my friend.

They required a copy of her passport, evidence of her residency here in the UK, copy of utility bills in her name, Where the money had come from, and evidence of earnings.

Other than the passport she didn't have any of the other documentation.

She stayed at my home address, so didn't have any residency proof or utility bills in her name.  And the money on the card was from my account.

We received no notification that there was a problem or that they were going to put a block on her card. This all came out of the blue, and left her stranded while she was away.

When they blocked the card thee was over £1600 balance on her card.

I have written to them stating that we cannot supply the documentation that they want other than the passport, they have refused to unblock the card or refund the monies on it. It has now been over a month.

I  asked them to refund the monies back on to my card as originally, it was my money to start with, they reply with until they receive the documents asked for they will not unblock the card  and we cannot get access to the monies on there.

I have been pondering with the idea of going to my bank and asking for a chargeback, as the monies were originally topped onto my card via my bank account before being transferred onto her card.

I am in limbo and want to try and get the money returned as  soon as possible.

Just to reiterate, I am the primary cardholder, her card can only be used to withdraw what funds are on it that go through my card, she cannot top up her card or anything else other than through the primary card.

Final point, They are asking my friend for all this information not me, my card is still active and I would have thought that if they had concerns they would have asked me or this information as i'm the primary cardholder.

Thanks for your help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks,

I am aware of the terms and cannot see where I   or my friend have breached them.

I supplied them with her name, my address that she was residing at,  and her dob before they even issued her with an additional card.

They had this information but are now insisting on further information that she cannot give. 

I have asked them to refund the amounts on her card to my account as the primary cardholder and been ignored. 

Looking at other forums about this company it would seem that they do this to cardholders quite regularly. they encourage customers to place their wages and benefits onto their cards, then block them for weeks at a time, leaving people   without any funds.

What are your views on my instigating a chargeback?.

should work

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Your friend has probably tripped their anti-money laundering (AML) process.

Sections 33, 7.6, 15.4 of their T’s & C’s.

I’d write (have previous communications been in writing?) explaining (re-explaining!?), stressing that you are the source of the funds, and you can show their source if need be.

You can add why you (and her) can supply a copy of her passport but not a utility bill. Does she have any documents proving her address (UK or non-UK address?)

You are considering a chargeback. If this situation has been triggered by the AML process, that may stall any chargeback, and a chargeback request could exacerbate the situation.

Edited by BazzaS