VCS Spycar PCN PAPLOC now Claimform - no stopping - London Southend Airport ***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's a prohibition so it is sir, but the signs are not prohibitive except that the defendant stopped in contravention of the non prohibitive signs.

As Simple does his own cases and the Paralegal wrote the WS, and wants to send a representative on what will be a Zoom hearing, that's an egregious request and deffo abuse of Process, as the paralegal who signed the WS doesn't have to leave the office.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for all the feedback.. I'll add the suggestions to my WS and repost by next weekend.. I plan to send it no later that the first week of Feb as I don't want it to be late.

Just need to work out where to insert the extra bits.

Regards Tom

Thanks again for all your feedback.. although my WS is seemingly large, I am hoping the first 4 pages will Swing it straight away.. I do believe all the references the Judge needs are there..

As always, your valuable feedback is more than welcome. I have incorporated various feedback I have received along the way, and especially the latest.. Luv it!

Regards Tom..

Witness Statement - Redact - Draft v1.pdf

i've been thinking this for a while regarding simon and these money making schemes that are not enforceable that he conned loads of seaports and airports to sign up to across the land whereby they already have byelaws covering the activity of motor vehicles upon their lands enforceable by a magistrate.

i think its about time we upped the anti another notch and we begin to stop referring to his signs as 'signs', but now use the term of 'advertising posters' and link that to dropping in the term 'after 10mins the driver by default is automictically enrolled in the moneymaking scheme'

these schemes are akin too... say a free sample of a face cream popup on facebook whereby one accepts the free gift, only to find that if you don't cancel within 30days you've automictically signed up at an extortionate rate, to receive a jar of the cream every month for a year.

just musing.

• The signage is prohibitive in nature and not a genuine offer of terms for parking for the motorist to consider. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Change Zoom to Online as Zoom is only one platform, and they might use another, it has become the accepted terminology, but best not to refer to a specific platform.  Otherwise looks good The rteal devil of Simon's claim is that he is trying to imply a contract that depends on a Prohibition for Consideration, And its one sided as the person he is binding has no benefit from the contract, apart from paying £100 for the privilege of stopping however briefly.  a nanosecond, a minute 30 minutes kerching that'll be £100 or else.  Simon has also invoiced cars stopped at a Zebra crossing with people crossing at an airport.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I am sorry not to have responded in time to your thread.

I have an awful lot going on.

I am hoping that you still haven't sent off your WS  as I have just seen a copy of Southend Airport  ByeLaws 2020. which will help you no end.  

https://d1z15fh6odiy9s.cloudfront.net/files/board-approved-london-southend-airport-byelaws-100220-d14ca659.pdf

If you go to Section 5  the headline reads

5. Prohibited acts on parts of the Airport to which the Road Traffic Enactments do not apply:

In other words the roads on the airport are either governed by the Road Traffic Act or the airport Byelaws- neither of which are classed as relevant land. Therefore PoFA DOES NOT APPLY throughout the airport.

Take a copy for the Court and point out that the VCS WS is somewhat lacking in accuracy.

It is inconceivable that VCS have not read the Byelaws since they are operating there. 

So looking at their WS it reminds me that a good few years ago it was said about the WSs of  parking companies that they and their lawyers simply do not care about the truth and are content with regularly supplying false information to the courts, happy that they will not produce a witness to defend their porkie pies, and that nothing bad will therefore happen to them.

This practice should stop since were the authors to have to appear in Court and challenged, their perjury would not only be clear to see but it would put a stop to the practice. If they don't turn up in Court they get away with their lies and are able to repeat them ad nauseam. And this WS is full of lies and misdirections -not that you can say in Court they are lies but you can point out where there is contradictions shall we say and let the Judge decide.

The WS says in point 31 that they robustly deny that their sign is prohibitive. 

You could point out that  District Justice Glenn  in

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd v Bull & 2 Others (B4GF26K6, 21 April 2016), at the High Wycombe Court said 

If the notice had said no more than if you park on this roadway you agree to pay a charge then it would have been implicit that PCM was saying we will allow you to park on this roadway if you pay £100 and I would agree with Mr Samuels’ first analysis that essentially the £100 was a part of the core consideration for the licence and was not a penalty for breach.

The difficulty is that this notice does not say that at all.

This notice is an absolute prohibition against parking at any time, for any period, on the roadway.

It is impossible to construct out of this in any way, either actually or contingently or conditionally, any permission for anyone to park on the roadway.

All this is essentially saying is you must not trespass on the roadway.

If you do we are giving ourselves, and we are dressing it up in the form of a contract, the right to charge you a sum of money which really would be damages for trespass, assuming of course that the claimant had any interest in the land in order to proceed in trespass.”

And of course VCS cannot sue for trespass as they are not the landowners.

• Like 2

Agreed Dave.. thanks lookinforinfo.. I gave myself some time so more peeps could look & offer guidance :-)

Excellent.. I'll make the adjustments this week and will be sending off on Monday 1st Feb..

Regards

Agreed Dave.. thanks lookinforinfo.. I gave myself some time so more peeps could look & offer guidance :-)

Quick question.. the 2020 Byelaws say proposed so not sure if they are current.. if you go to this site, the current Byelaws are a different version?

Airport Byelaws - London Southend Airport - Entry Page

Current Byelaws

Picture form the Main Page..

image.png.947afb9bbaa3e945ac16c6a803e28104.png

Just don't want to give these shysters any room to manoeuvre.

I'll make the adjustments this week and will be sending off on Monday 1st Feb..

Regards

I have added this detail as point 18 :-)

You could point out that  District Justice Glenn  in

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd v Bull & 2 Others (B4GF26K6, 21 April 2016), at the High Wycombe Court said 

etc...etc..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That case should help for sure, the current bylaws will have a similar statement or paragraph in there regarding |RTA and Bylaws

The current Byelaws don't allow Simple to do anything Under heading Prohibited Acts 13 (a) covers it and is liable toa £100 penalty actionable by a Police Constable, or Airport Official,  as indicated under Penalties, so the airport road won't be Relevant Land, regardless of his sign, Simple can't say his spycar driver is an Airport Official, as they can't do anything regarding other airport transgressions other than perking in the car park they infest.

It doesn't matter if the new ByeLaws have been adopted yet. The important thing is that it is clear that the airport roads are either covered by the Road Traffic Act or Byelaws  which confounds the VCS WS   

It is not relevant land so PoFA does not apply especially  Keeper Liability. They put you to strict proof that the land is not relevant which this does and  possibly makes their WS perjurious on that alone since they say that the Byelaws are not compulsory. Wali is the naive one if he thinks that keeper liability exists in this case.

Dont expect  Wali  [aka Wally] to turn up. You could also point out that VCS are by charging motorists for "offences"  are potentially taking money from the Treasury since that is where any fines collected from ByeLaws go -to the Exchequer- not those grubby oiks at VCS

The Bull case points out more than clearly that No stopping is not a contract and even if it were, unless the road in front was a straight road with no traffic, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, stray animals, broken down vehicles, etc etc. no motorist could accept it as a contract because of all the reasons I just mentioned where they would have to stop- some of them by Law. You can see in one of their photos that there is a pedestrian crossing which is covered by Law.

There is a lot to go through here but should help

The WS is so much rubbish and over repetitive and inaccurate.

But going through his points 

7] the paralegal is confusing No Stopping signs with No Parking signs-they are totally different

8] no stopping is NOT a contract

9] no motorist could accept that "contract"

10]   & 11]  it is not a parking sign and once again it is not a contractual  clause

12] it is not a parking charge and there is no breach because it is not relevant land

13] you were stopping not parking-more obfuscating

14] to 19] more about PoFA which doesn't apply

20] 21] 7&22] the land is covered by Byelaws so not relevant land and the byelaws are definitely to be observed and the cases quoted were covering land before PoFA was introduced and therefore irrelevant and misdirectional

23]  24] 25] & 26]while the landowners do have the right to decide who comes on their land they do not have the right to allow VCS to overrule statutory controls and impose charges an land that is not relevant

27] -30] Byelaws are NOT  arbitrary especially in this case. It does not matter what the airport authorities and VCS hammer out, the land is not relevant land . End of.

31] the defendant is not claiming the car park signage is prohibitive  misdirection. He said the no stopping sign was prohibitive which it is but it is not a contractual sign .

32] & 33] the WS is misdirecting again. There is no comparison with NO stopping which is prohibitive and PE V Beavis which is a car park on relevant land

34]  &35]  ****Very Important***** even if PoFA was relevant here the code number that you breached  ie Code 46 
(46) PARKING/WAITING ON A ROADWAY WHERE STOPPING IS PROHIBITTED   you were not parking nor waiting. You were stopped so no offence was committed.  Wally even says in 35] that you were stopped not parked, not waiting but stopped. 

45] once again irrelevant. They are comparing a no stopping  non contractual incident on not relevant land with Beavis where a contract had been established and PoFA was in force. There is a big difference between no stopping and no parking. You may know of Jopson v Homeguard-if not look it up and include a copy to the Court since Wally seems unable to differentiate the two

You have got everything else covered already in your WS  But you could say that their case is so abysmal that it should not even manage to get to Court.

• Like 2

11: Its NOT a car park so how can it be a parking Incident.

As POFA not relevant, once Simon  fets tolchocked it would be possible to sue for breach of GDPR falsely applying for keeper Data  they were not entitled to, but that is for later .

• Like 1

Thanks again for the in-depth reviews & feedback everyone. I am sure this will help a lot of people out, as well as my own case.

lookinforinfo.. do you suggest I add your points to my WS or just keep them as a reference if the Lackey mentions any of the points..

Regards

I know it would be a hassle to put all that in.

However certain things that help your case and destroy their WS would probably mean that even Simple Simon, as stupid and greedy as he is, would probably decide that yours was one case that he did not want to challenge in Court. If he lost on the relevant land part, his whole business at Southend airport would be over. 

He would have many motorists who have paid coming back to him plus claiming GDPR payments and every other airport that they control would probably have a claim against him too.. So you are best to hit him with a strong WS to stop him from going to Court. Will it stop him if you include all that. It should do but he may have the chutzpah to think that he can argue his way out of it. 

So your choice.  

Thanks for the feedback

I will add those points in a paragraph [removing the references aka wally etc.. although I would like to keep them in.. lol] as they are very valuable points to argue.. it may make VCS think about how they can't reverse there submitted WS..

I have added Jopson v Homeguard to my WS as well

I do believe the so called Paralegal won't turn up and perhaps pass to Mr Plucky... FFS...

Funny that on Mr Wali's Linkedin Profile, he left Excel Parking in June and hasn't updated his profile to VCS.. Makes me wonder if these guys are all made up and all Simple Simon!!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mohammed-wali-3ab8b8175/?originalSubdomain=uk.. FYI.. if you have a LinkedIn profile he will know you have checked him out!.

I haven't as yet, but may click on SImple a few times as well..as he has a Profile..

Regards

Edited by Tom Price

Same office he just shifted his jive-ass and chair to another desk.  Excel and VCS same Company Simon has lost inb court confused by what hat he had on when he issued the claim.

I know it would be a hassle to put all that in. However certain things that help your case and destroy their WS would probably mean that even Simple Simon as stupid and greedy as he is, would probably decide that yours was one case that he did not want to challenge in Court. If he lost on the relevant land part, his whole business at Southend airport would be over. 

He would have many motorists who have paid coming back to him plus claiming GDPR payments and every other airport that they control would probably have a claim against him too..

So you are best to hit him with a strong WS to stop him from going to Court.

Will it stop him if you include all that.

It should do but he may have the chutzpah to think that he can argue his way out of it. 

So your choice.  

I have added the attached [Arguments] So my first 6 pages should hit home, especially with the judge.. Its a big document, but hopefully he wont need to go past Exhibit 06. After that, its all downloaded cases &  etc..but all relevant if he needs them..

Arguments.pdf

In 9 ( no motorist could accept that argument] should probably be widened out to explain why. There could be pedestrian crossings and traffic lights further down the road which may force the motorist to stop. Scould stray animals in the road, vehicles u-turning, emergency vehicles passing and police directions to stop, punctures, other mechanical problems, accidents etc etc

Also in 46] you haven't altered Wally.

Shame I can't leave 1 insult in there.. remove Wally & added as suggested:

There could be pedestrian crossings and traffic lights further down the road which may
force the motorist to stop. Stray animals in the road, vehicles u-turning, emergency
vehicles passing and police directions to stop, punctures, other mechanical problems,
accidents etc etc:

Thanks again..

WS sent to Simple & his lawyers..

Just want to say thanks again for all your time & input.. I will post feedback along the way, good or bad...  :-)

The WS is the same as posted, apart from all the extra suggestions & bits added since post 127..

Regards Tom

17 hours ago, Tom Price said:

WS sent to Simple & his lawyers..

Just want to say thanks again for all your time & input.. I will post feedback along the way, good or bad...  :-)

The WS is the same as posted, apart from all the extra suggestions & bits added since post 127..

Regards Tom

I'll post up the completed WS this week....

I see also that VCS have copied in everything to ELMS Legal.. not seen them mentioned anywhere..

ELMS Legal Ltd is a highly experienced court advocacy, litigation and debt recovery firm based in Sleaford, Lincolnshire that specialise in many niche areas such as parking law..

46 minutes ago, Tom Price said:

I have posted the Final Draft as sent to VCS.

I see also that VCS have copied in everything to ELMS Legal.. not seen them mentioned anywhere..

ELMS Legal Ltd is a highly experienced court advocacy, litigation and debt recovery firm based in Sleaford, Lincolnshire that specialise in many niche areas such as parking law..

Witness Statement - Redact - Draft v2-Final_Redacted.pdf

The bit on prohibition, defendant should have been driver.

At this point Simon will chuck all he can into the pot, whether he has a right to copy them in to everything is another point, if they were the DCA he used as a threat  lever  as in you might get a letter with a final offer to pay maybe a reduced sum to settle for maybe 75% of the sum claimed, to avoid the unpleasentness of a case Simon is bound to win  they might mention several of the cases their paralegal has used in the WS to bolster the seriousness of the situation they say you are in. and the effect of the resultant CCJ

Others will post their take on it no doubt.

Hi brassnecked.. I really hope this is your sense of humour or sarcasm.. or both :-)... not had any offers as yet..

Any other comments or more of the above, welcome of course

Rgds Tom

Edited by Tom Price

Well done for redoing the WS.

In S8 of your statement I would replace "It is also subject to ...."

with "Where the roads are not subject to the RTA it is quite clear that they are then covered by airport Byelaws so Sch 4 of PoFA obviously cannot apply.  It follows that there can be no keeper liability. I am unsure why VCS do not find this clear......................

You are trying to rubbish their WS both to strengthen your case and to get across the message that VCS do not want to appear in Court with you.

And if that is not enough you were stopped, not Parking nor Waiting as their PCN claims.

BN was not joking   they quite often come up with an offer before Court.