16Hi,

Back in June I ordered a new van from Mercedes, which is described on the order form as a 316 Sprinter with automatic box and comes with a reversing camera package which cost 905.00 GBP, this was the only documentation I had.

The van was supposed to arrive on the 01st but due to delays I only received it Tuesday 24th September, having arranged to collect it at 0900 hrs it was finally ready at 1015 which meant I had no time to closely examine the van until yesterday as I was already late for work, I am a self-employed courier.

On examination I realised that the front and rear parking sensors I thought I had paid for were not on the vehicle and more importantly it was a 314 not a 316, so off I trot to the dealer who promised they would sort it.

Here is the crux of the issue,

despite admitting that it was their mistake, they have come up with two excuses one was I changed the spec, which was adding electric mirrors to the vehicle in return for me introducing them to my employers and

two because the finance figures changed but these were never supplied to me in writing and the only thing that changed as far as I was concerned was they wanted a nine thousand pound deposit instead of five.

Herein lies my problem,

being self-employed I can not return the van as not described  within the thirty days unless I have another lined up as this will mean I can no longer work having sold my old van, which means I continue to use the one supplied until such a time as the correct one arrives in the UK or hire one at roughly 160 GBP per week, 

knowing this the dealer are insisting I pay for their mistake and pay for the alleged difference between the van I am paying for and the one I think I should have received, a sum of roughly 1k.

I feel this is unfair, this is a situation of their making and knowing I could claim reasonable losses I wonder if I should write rejecting the vehicle and insist they supply me with the one described on my purchase order without any further contribution from myself. 

Your thoughts would be appreciated,

Presumably it is auto but a 314, so the lower power engine?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes the 316 is more powerful better suited to the job

Thought so a LWB Sprinter is gutless with the basic engine,  even a manual transmission.   best one I have driven was one chipped to 170 bhp, that one really flew, Evo Triangle fun with that one in Wales, presumably there is a cost differential as in the 314 should be cheaper than the 316, you could try that one on them as you are in effect paying for a vehicle that is a lower spec, so if a Lease they may be in breach of a contract. I'm sure other Caggers will be along soon with advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!