Thomas Cooke Collapse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I presume everyone is aware of the recent Insolvency and collapse of Thomas Cooke?

Unfortunately I had booked A holiday with the for next year and paid a substantial deposit.

My daughter and grand children thought we would have a holiday together, so we booked for ten people in the Canaries next year, I paid £2k deposit on my credit card deposit.

The holiday is ATOL protected. I went on their website and the claim form was not on their yet, as apparently they are not processing customer complaints until the people that are stranded are recovered. I fully understand this, and will try again on Monday. I intend to record the progress on here, any comments or suggestions very welcome.

Edited by Dodgeball
brain fart

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

How did you pay?

Credit card, well just the deposit, total cost just under £11k paid £2k.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sounds like you were lucky, booking it on your credit card.

We got the last Thomas Cook flight out of Cyprus on Friday night, everyone was very paranoid about it being cancelled.

We got delayed on the tarmac for an hour while a disruptive passenger got removed. I guess he is still in a Larnaca Police Cell awaiting repatriation.  I bet that'll teach him

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Open a formal claim with your credit card company. Even if they don't process it straightaway, get a reference number so that you are in the queue. If you do this by phone, then read our customer services guide first

1 minute ago, London1971 said:

Sounds like you were lucky, booking it on your credit card.

We got the last Thomas Cook flight out of Cyprus on Friday night, everyone was very paranoid about it being cancelled.

We got delayed on the tarmac for an hour while a disruptive passenger got removed. I guess he is still in a Larnaca Police Cell awaiting repatriation.  I bet that'll teach him

Yes they are a pain in the arse aren't they , I think the Seward should just heave them out at 30000ft.

Yes I have the Section 75 coverage, I think, but since the ATOL cover is also available, wont I have to use that instead?

I Would rather use the section 75 of course as you get a full refund, but I didn't know I still could.

I was  under the mistaken impression that claims for refunds would start today, but it seems this only applies to those who have paid by direct debit. For those like me who paid by credit card the start date is Monday the 7th October. When an "online form" will appear on the CAA website.

They say claims may take 60 days to process, because of complex data protection issues.

I guess its just hard luck for those planning a Christmas break.

Dodgeball,

It is frustrating we also paid £4.500 for our holiday with Thomas cook going out to Mexico on 19th Oct. we also booked Airport parking/hotel/Meals through another company. We originally paid on our cc 

Our cc company says we need to claim it back through ATOL -Thought I could do that this morning as they originally said 30th September for claim forms.so bit disappointed too we need to await another week. On the bright side I guess is that everyone in similar situation will get their money back.

Ok, so today is the day I can reclaim my money back, by using the "dedicated online form".

One problem, where the devil is it. I haven't been able to find any online complaint form, if someone else can, I would be very grateful for a link.

I rang the Cooke CAA advice line and they want £6 to help.

For anyone else in a similar position.

I rang my new agent and they found it This is direct to the claim form.

https://rightpath.secure.force.com/caa/SiteClaimsCAAPortal

• 1 month later...

Brief update. I have just telephoned the CAA on T: 0333 103 6700 .for an update

The line is closed as they are, " Still assisting with the repatriation of customers". The Email address at [email protected] doesn't work either.

On 30/09/2019 at 11:19, otbclear said:

Dodgeball,

It is frustrating we also paid £4.500 for our holiday with Thomas cook going out to Mexico on 19th Oct. we also booked Airport parking/hotel/Meals through another company. We originally paid on our cc 

Our cc company says we need to claim it back through ATOL -Thought I could do that this morning as they originally said 30th September for claim forms.so bit disappointed too we need to await another week. On the bright side I guess is that everyone in similar situation will get their money back.

Hi Otbclear

Wondering if you have heard anything yet. They said 60 days, but I thought you would have been able to check pogress. I dont seem to be able to get through however I try.

Peter

Hi Dodgeball, not heard anything yet either, I put the claim in 7th Oct and got a reference number. They said 60 days which I’m assuming by the 6th Dec we should be settled. I did read an article somewhere that the CAA will be updating people sometime this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi otbcleaer

Just had this in response to my email

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch and for entering your details into our online refund site – I can confirm this has been received.  We are reviewing these online forms and will contact you in due course if we need further information. We will process the refund in around 60 days from the date in which you uploaded your claim to our website.

Best wishes

Lucy

So I guess I am looking at the second week in December. About the date we have to pay the full amount of the remainder. of our replacement booking.

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear they’re looking at your claim  👍 loads of people are being paid out now..

unfortunately we’re not in that bracket yet . Only a week now to go for the 60 days to be up so fingers crossed.

Good luck 🤗

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email  they wanted a repeat of the info they already have

They say they will get back within 28 days, another month.

Getting a little pissed now. No reasong given for the continued delay.

Thank HB.

I wonder, at what point I can call this breach of contract, and start a section 75 claim?

I realise the size of their task, but you would think they would at least keep in touch. The contact numbers they supply are all unobtainable, emails take an age to answer, and dont tell you anything if and when they do arrive.

Hi Dodgeball, just an update -my TC case says paid 15/12/19 and closed  on the payment portal For protect claims.it takes up to  3-5 days. I don’t know yet if I’ll get my select seats payment back as I’ve noticed a few have and a few haven’t for this. 

Great news. OTB

I got mine back this morning also. They put it in my bank, Which is what I asked them to do. 

So off to the agents this afternoon, to pay the outstanding balance on the new holiday. :)

God 'point about the extras, we booked the seat thing also and the lounge, best check.

Edited by Dodgeball

So pleased for you 😬 Defo check you’ve been paid for the extras as some are not covered by ATOL seemingly. Enjoy your well deserved holiday 👍

Ours hasn’t hit the bank yet hopefully by Friday at the latest 🤔

Have a lovely Christmas Dogeball.

Thanks Otb and to you and yours as well  🎅

Peter