• Tweets

• Defence submitted. On my clear score report there doesn't seem to be any date of default noted, nor can I see where that might appear. When they responded to my CCA and CPR requests they didn't give me a default date either. So, what happens now? Is it likely that I'll actually have to go to court over this?
    • Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I will need to get copies of the agreement to check that, which may take some time.   What do you suggest I should I do in the interim, as I'm conscious the clock is ticking on needing to AOS?
    • Hi everyone    ive had a card in an envelope hand delivered today from Resolvecall asking me to contact them urgently.   i want to ignore it but I’m not sure that’s the best thing to do?   i had some issues some years ago which have now all been resolved to my knowledge. Anything that I may have overlooked will be way over 6 years, I now have a very healthy credit rating with nothing on any of my credit files.   I have no idea what these people want and this is the 1st contact.    can someone point me in the direction?   thanks    mike 
    • I've been reading up on cases, especially the HSBC vs. Carey. Am I missing something?  It appears to be the conclusion that the decisions in this case meant that regardless of what date  credit agreements were entered into, a claimant no longer needs to produce a signed copy - or even original copy.  It appears that a reconstituted copy of agreement is acceptable by a court and any judge that seems to be swaying towards using it as a reason to find against a claimant could easily be reminded or prompted by their solicitor.  How do I defend my case to be any different?  It will clearly be a case of :   It looks like you probably had a credit card. They've produced a copy of original agreement and added your name and address - so that's good to go. They've got a statement showing a balance outstanding. Therefore, game up - why are you even bothering to defend?     I am working on my "Formal defence"    Can I just ask for some "bullet points"   So far - my main arguments will be that the requested "credit agreement" is not a credit agreement - it is a barely legible application form - which does not bear any account numbers which correspond with the statements produced by the claimant nor match the agreement number included in the original claim (POC).  Secondly, as helpfully highlighted by DX, their WS is relying on a screenshot of "the claimant's predecessors system screen" to show that a default notice was issued on 08/06/2010; clearly there is no copy of said Default notice. Other items I have up my sleeve - should I include? - are the discrepancy in the amounts owing between the Assignment notices - Lloyds stating a figure in excess of £6k (dated 29/6/19) and a letter from Hoist informing me of this assignment but stating an outstanding amount of £4.5k (the amount of the claim).  Clearly, the lack of reference numbers - i.e. their claim does not match the 16 digit credit card number shown on the numerous statements they have included in their WS. And do not match a number shown on the blurry application form. Also, the application form is dated 1998, the first statement they provide is 2010 - can I use this gap/lack of evidence in my favour? I notice on my "illegible" application form there was a reference to "credit card payments insurance" (I assume this is PPI) - during my research, I'm sure I read that any t&c provided should also include this - I notice their seven added pages make no reference to PPI - which even if I didn't take it out would surely have been needed to be included?   So - just to summarise - is it the "poor quality credit agreement"; the fact that they haven't even declared that they are producing reconstituted copies of t&c and the lack of default notice having been issued - well lack of copy?   On the flip side - where do I stand in terms of the payments I was making - allegedly to this account - via Robinson Way? Is that a case of acting dumb/naive?   Thanks very much everyone.   Barafear.    
    • it sometimes takes a good while for all related entries to be removed.   dx
  • Our picks

Dodgeball

Thomas Cooke Collapse

I presume everyone is aware of the recent Insolvency and collapse of Thomas Cooke?

Unfortunately I had booked A holiday with the for next year and paid a substantial deposit.

My daughter and grand children thought we would have a holiday together, so we booked for ten people in the Canaries next year, I paid £2k deposit on my credit card deposit.

The holiday is ATOL protected. I went on their website and the claim form was not on their yet, as apparently they are not processing customer complaints until the people that are stranded are recovered. I fully understand this, and will try again on Monday. I intend to record the progress on here, any comments or suggestions very welcome.

Edited by Dodgeball
brain fart

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

How did you pay?

Credit card, well just the deposit, total cost just under £11k paid £2k.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Sounds like you were lucky, booking it on your credit card.

We got the last Thomas Cook flight out of Cyprus on Friday night, everyone was very paranoid about it being cancelled.

We got delayed on the tarmac for an hour while a disruptive passenger got removed. I guess he is still in a Larnaca Police Cell awaiting repatriation.  I bet that'll teach him

• Haha 1

Open a formal claim with your credit card company. Even if they don't process it straightaway, get a reference number so that you are in the queue. If you do this by phone, then read our customer services guide first

1 minute ago, London1971 said:

Sounds like you were lucky, booking it on your credit card.

We got the last Thomas Cook flight out of Cyprus on Friday night, everyone was very paranoid about it being cancelled.

We got delayed on the tarmac for an hour while a disruptive passenger got removed. I guess he is still in a Larnaca Police Cell awaiting repatriation.  I bet that'll teach him

Yes they are a pain in the arse aren't they , I think the Seward should just heave them out at 30000ft.

Yes I have the Section 75 coverage, I think, but since the ATOL cover is also available, wont I have to use that instead?

I Would rather use the section 75 of course as you get a full refund, but I didn't know I still could.

I was  under the mistaken impression that claims for refunds would start today, but it seems this only applies to those who have paid by direct debit. For those like me who paid by credit card the start date is Monday the 7th October. When an "online form" will appear on the CAA website.

They say claims may take 60 days to process, because of complex data protection issues.

I guess its just hard luck for those planning a Christmas break.

Dodgeball,

It is frustrating we also paid £4.500 for our holiday with Thomas cook going out to Mexico on 19th Oct. we also booked Airport parking/hotel/Meals through another company. We originally paid on our cc 

Our cc company says we need to claim it back through ATOL -Thought I could do that this morning as they originally said 30th September for claim forms.so bit disappointed too we need to await another week. On the bright side I guess is that everyone in similar situation will get their money back.

Ok, so today is the day I can reclaim my money back, by using the "dedicated online form".

One problem, where the devil is it. I haven't been able to find any online complaint form, if someone else can, I would be very grateful for a link.

I rang the Cooke CAA advice line and they want £6 to help.

For anyone else in a similar position.

I rang my new agent and they found it This is direct to the claim form.

https://rightpath.secure.force.com/caa/SiteClaimsCAAPortal

Brief update. I have just telephoned the CAA on T: 0333 103 6700 .for an update

The line is closed as they are, " Still assisting with the repatriation of customers". The Email address at Claims@caa.co.uk doesn't work either.

On 30/09/2019 at 11:19, otbclear said:

Dodgeball,

It is frustrating we also paid £4.500 for our holiday with Thomas cook going out to Mexico on 19th Oct. we also booked Airport parking/hotel/Meals through another company. We originally paid on our cc 

Our cc company says we need to claim it back through ATOL -Thought I could do that this morning as they originally said 30th September for claim forms.so bit disappointed too we need to await another week. On the bright side I guess is that everyone in similar situation will get their money back.

Hi Otbclear

Wondering if you have heard anything yet. They said 60 days, but I thought you would have been able to check pogress. I dont seem to be able to get through however I try.

Peter

Hi Dodgeball, not heard anything yet either, I put the claim in 7th Oct and got a reference number. They said 60 days which I’m assuming by the 6th Dec we should be settled. I did read an article somewhere that the CAA will be updating people sometime this week. 

Hi otbcleaer

Just had this in response to my email

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch and for entering your details into our online refund site – I can confirm this has been received.  We are reviewing these online forms and will contact you in due course if we need further information. We will process the refund in around 60 days from the date in which you uploaded your claim to our website.

Best wishes

Lucy

So I guess I am looking at the second week in December. About the date we have to pay the full amount of the remainder. of our replacement booking.

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear they’re looking at your claim  👍 loads of people are being paid out now..

unfortunately we’re not in that bracket yet . Only a week now to go for the 60 days to be up so fingers crossed.

Good luck 🤗

I received an email  they wanted a repeat of the info they already have

They say they will get back within 28 days, another month.

Getting a little pissed now. No reasong given for the continued delay.