• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Harlands Xercise4Less admin fee

SharNICK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am currently 17 year old in college, just started my second year

I have been attening local gym Xercise4Less in Castleford.
Few months ago i missed a payment and got charged £25 admin fee, additional to £20 for the gym - £45 total
I called them because back then i didnt knew why they charged me more. They explained it to me, i didnt realise that before freezing the membership i need to wait 14 days, so i didnt save any money for the day they were supposed to charge me. 
I called them a few times that day, i dont know why, and 1 lady said that because i am below 18 i shoulnt have been charged £25 admin fee, so as soon as i pay them 45 they will send me 25 back. This is what happened.

Now again, this time due to financial issues i was not able to pay on time, they tried to charge me 45 but i didnt had that, and today when i called them they said i owe them £70. 
They said this was because they tried to DD me again, even tho is doesnt show up on my bank account. 
I was looking for some official information about this admin fee, but i mostly found people ranting about it on forums, some other people responding that they do not need to pay a penny of them.
I do not know if i should be calling them or emailing them.
Should i email them that i offer to pay them £20 and terminate the membership ?

write only

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shar and welcome to CAG

Stay OFF the phone from now on. Written letters are best with Harlands but you could email if you want. Just keep copies of all communications.

If Harlands have used your DD mandate to collect any amount in excess of the monthly gym fee, contact your bank and arrange a refund(s) under the DD Guarantee Scheme.

Any contract you made under the age of 18 cannot be enforced. Even though Harlands refer to admin fees when a payment fails to be made, such fees are not lawful and should be challenged.

Have they refunded all admin fees that they took by DD ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

After charging me and having my balance negative, they gave the money back,

i called them about this admin fee and they said i should have the money in my bank account to avoid further admin fees by 2nd of october, currently they didnt take any money from me including the gym fee.

Should i cancel DD and send an email offering to pay £20 for gym membership this month and look for another gym?.

I can not do it via their payflex thing, because it tells me to pay £20 gym fee + 2 x £25 admin fee.

My advice would be to write to Harlands saying :-

Dear Harlands,

Xercise4Less gym, at Castleford

Please note the gym agreement for Xercise4Less was entered into while I was under 18. 

Accordingly, I will pay no more gym or admin fees and I have cancelled the DD mandate today via my bank.

Please ensure you make no further demands regarding this gym membership.

Yours sincerely,

Shar

Send this to Harlands' postal address at Haywards Heath and get a free Certificate of Posting at the Post Office when sending it.

😎

• Thanks 1

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

nothing they can do to you

as well as gym debts not showing on credit files

they don't do court either

you were under 18 they should not have ever entered into a contract with you.

paid not payed too..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you've used the gym this month but not paid for it, offer to pay the gym what you owe for this month only. Tell them you'll pay them but not Harlands because the DD mandate has been cancelled.

Just let us know :-

1. when you last used the gym.

2. When the gym fee was payable for this month.

2nd of september my gym membership unfroze because i froze it for vacation. I didnt used it after it unfroze because i though it would be blocked for me as i didnt manage to pay. I am supposed to pay at 2nd of everymonth. 

Ok, then just follow the suggestions in post #5 above,  send the letter and cancel the DD via your bank.

Keep us posted but don't respond further to Harlands/CRS for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, today i received this letter. 

Even tho i myself did everything to do with gym, with no adult next to me it is apparently targeted to my parents.

Also should i block the harlands mails that say i still owe them money?

Should i just ignore the letter?

I got rid an adress and some other possibly important identity related stuff from the picture.

Sorry for the bad quality, if it is necessary i can provide better picture.

PDF only please read upload

yes block and bounce all email addresses.

dx

and they

Just ignore the letter.

Block/bounce their emails or let them come through so you know what they're up to, and keep us posted.............

😎