• Tweets

• about time he knew the rules his industry operate under then!! if he know legalese and reads the restriction k wording on the deed its tells him what he must do!!  
    • At the time that the vehicle was seized,  a warrant would have already been issued against your ex partner. Most significantly, the warrant 'binds' the goods (in this case, the car). In simple terms, this means that the vehicle cannot be either sold or transferred. If it is, (which is what has happened), then the vehicle CAN be seized.    As your ex partner was the registered keeper at the time of the various contraventions, then sadly, he is the person responsible for paying the debts. As such, it would be for him...and not you....to submit Out of Time witness statements. He would be able to make such applications on the basis that he had not received any of the statutory notices. In doing so, he would need to outline the reason WHY he would not have received any notices.    As I understand it, there were five separate parking contraventions. Therefore, there would have been a total of 15 letters from the council (Notice to Owner (NtO), Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery). In his Out of Time application, your ex partner really should have elaborated on the reason WHY he had not received these notices. Instead, he has simply stated this:   'No Notice to Owner was ever received by myself, I WORK AWAY AND HAVE A 'COA' ONLY.    Your ex should have provided far more detail as to WHY he did not receive the notices. For example, was he working abroad? How long was he working away for? Did the person in charge of the 'care of' address notify him of correspondence? How often did he return to that address?   Taking the above into consideration, I would be surprised if his applications were to be accepted. It normally takes approx. 4-6 weeks to receive notification of the decision.    Did your ex provide the 'care of' address in his application? If so, has he taken steps to ensure that correspondence reaches him?  
    • So trying to negotiate a re payment on an alleged unproven debt is not outside of the guidelines laid down in the codes of practice as governed by the SRA ?
    • Current Accounts.   https://www.adcb.com/Images/Offshore_TC_tcm9-22214.pdf   Governing law All matters pertaining to an Account and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Island of Jersey and the Account Holder irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Island of Jersey. Any dispute or difference between the Bank and/or the Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Group and the Account Holder arising in connection with an Account, any funds therein or these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Island of Jersey   Credit Cards   https://www.adcb.com/en/personal/cards/default.aspx   T&C,s   https://www.adcb.com/en/terms-conditions/default.aspx   Eg for one type of card.   29. Governing Law and Jurisdiction 29.1 Which laws govern the relationship between you and ADCB? These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them are governed by the federal laws of the UAE and by the laws of the Applicable Emirate.   If there is a dispute between you and ADCB, you irrevocably agree that the courts of the Applicable Emirate will have (save for the exceptions granted in ADCB’s favour below) exclusive jurisdiction over all matters arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter or formation including any question regarding their existence, validity or termination. For the avoidance of doubt and solely for the benefit of ADCB in its sole discretion, you also irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the DIFC Courts (including without limitation the SCT) and the ADGM Courts (and any ADGM SCT operating from time to time). If ADCB decides to commence a claim against you in the: (A) SCT, you and ADCB both expressly agree that such claim may be made for any amount up to and including AED 1,000,000, or for such greater amount as may be within the jurisdiction of the SCT from time to time; or (B) ADGM SCT, you and ADCB both expressly agree that such claim may be made for any amount as may be within the jurisdiction of the ADGM SCT from time to time. The two paragraphs above are for the benefit of ADCB only. ADCB will not be prevented from bringing proceedings relating to a dispute with you in any jurisdiction outside the UAE (and for the avoidance of doubt, this will include any jurisdiction in which you may be (or have been) registered, incorporated, resident, domiciled or hold assets). To the extent permitted by Applicable Laws, ADCB may bring, issue, commence or pursue concurrent proceedings in any number of jurisdictions without limitation.  
  • Our picks

cosmicgirl79

Erudio/Drydens - claim court form - ADVICE NEEDED

Hi, 

I sent the CCA request and CPR 31.14 - I sent this almost two weeks ago on the 2nd October. I have not heard from either. 

This is what I’m planning to add in the defence which I will tonight - it is due by Friday 18th OctOber this week. I just wondered if what I’ve written below is ok? Thanks to all for advice and wise words. 

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980. 

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC]  or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

that is our SB defence yes

simply copy and paste it into MCOL.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

This question on the MCOL WEBSITE? - Do you wish to make a counterclaim?

Have we said that?

• Like 1

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I see on the website it says I will need to pay the appropriate fee as listed in the table before you can submit your counterclaim online. - Just wondering about that?!

Have we said do that?

spreadsheets 

So it's a no and then it's sent? The website is just wrecking my head! 

there are over 15 erudio claimform threads here with how people have responded to their claim by entering a statute barred defence

you need to be reading up as part of the self help of CAG

as what to do

how to do it

whats next

how things progress through the differing stages of the claim

dx

spreadsheets 

Very helpful links - thank you 😃

Defence sent! 

Surprised Erudio or Drydens haven't responded to my request! 

what have they got that they can respond too that counters your SB defence?

zilch.

as with every erudio claimform or PAPLOC thread on CAG

you solely got the claim because for whatever reason , to that date, everything was ignored.

once a response is made

they go away.

default CCJ avoided.

you must read up and understand how arrows [erudio!!] operate

spreadsheets 

I filed the defence two weeks ago. I haven’t heard a thing. Is this usual? 

did you get an ack letter from the court that they have it?

dx

spreadsheets 

1 hour ago, cosmicgirl79 said:

I filed the defence two weeks ago. I haven’t heard a thing. Is this usual? 

Well yes considering the claimant has 33 days to decide if they wish to proceed...you need to brush up here and read a few threads on what the normal process is.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It has now been 35 days and I have not heard anything. Is this the usual if they can't counter the SB defence?

read the letter the court sent you ack'in your defence

spreadsheets 

Drydens have recently responded to my defence. 

It says: “Having now had the opportunity of discussing the Defence with our client, we enclose the following documentation addressing the issues you raise in the Defence and in support of the our client’s Claim against you:

The relevant limitation period in respect of this type of debt is 6 years pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 (“the act”). By section 29 of the act, there is fresh accrual of the relevant limitation period upon each part payment. We can confirm that the last payment was 18 April 2017 in the sum of £25.00. The limitation defence which you have filled is therefore, without merit”.

Then it goes onto say, “we are in a position to progress our client’s Claim against you and would therefore, invite you to now settle this matter without the need for further legal action."

Then it says I have 14 days to make the payment or contact their offices. 

I’m concerned that it is “14 days” from when the letter was dated, however the letter only arrived this Tuesday (3rd December) although it’s dated 19th November. There isn’t a date stamped on the envelope. 

I really don’t want to make contact with this organisation. What can I do? Thanks 

ignore their timeline the claim is well stayed.

so have you paid erudio anything since they wrote to you in 2013 was it?

you've mentioned anything before?

dx

spreadsheets 

I have just been checking my old bank statements and it appears I made a payment to Capquest?! 

So does that definitely counter my SB defence? 

opps why didn't you say so

are you sure this payment wasn't made against a differing account number than the number in their POC?

spreadsheets 

I completely forgot, I didn’t think as it was Cap-quest. 

I checked and the payment matches with the number in the POC. 

I don’t want to call Dryden’s although I’m concerned about the “legal” action.

What do you think I should I do next? 

Nasty company!

well the claim is stayed so don't panic for now.

is this the ONLY payment made

and how did capquest get this out of you?

by phone?

explain what caused you to make the payment and how you did it please

dx

spreadsheets 

From looking at my emails - they wanted me to set up a plan..  I made three payments of £25 in 2017. Which I forgot about. So is that right that the SB claim is null? 

I stopped because I thought I had defered. But then I realised they had taken over the loan from SLC. 

I'm not keen to call Drydens - what can I do next? 

Who said you have to call anyone

Yes it might upset your defence..however..

So how did they con you into paying when you have never earned over the threshold??

Can we see these emails suitably redacted please

spreadsheets 

They are only confirmation emails to say that I have made a payment. It doesn't have that much info on them. Is it worth calling Capquest? 

I also can't seem to find any paperwork from Capquest. I guess it was threatening letter - saying that Erudio have passed on my account. 

no ringing these fleecers up is what got you in this mess in the first place!!

why after 10yrs of being here....

having numerous DCA threads...

being told numerous times NOT to ever use the phone or email

you DO SO and get had blind!!

note to future readers..

.NEVER EVER RING OR TALK OR EMAIL A DCA OVER THE PHONE OR AT YOUR DOOR!!

spreadsheets