CaryAnn85

Don't know what to think... do I have to worry ...?

Hi,

it's 6 months in, I am working as a Support Worker with an agency, and I've never had issues till the last shift: it was a new address, with a new young person. 

When I arrived (8 pm), the other person that was on shift with me, that looked really nice and friendly, told me that we were going out, to take the young person out for some shopping, with the car. 

We returned on site at 9.30 pm, then, my colleague told me that the young person wasn't happy because I was there, because she didn't like new people and that there was a risk to be assaulted and that the young person may run away from home (this happened previously, with new staff members present), so it was better if she was the only person during the bed time routine of the young person.

I asked her what could I do, if I could start with the night duties, she said that for the moment it wasn't necessary, as there wasn't much to do, and she said I could stay in the office. She said :"do what you want".

I got in the office and I've read all the relevant documentation about the young person, and I kept the office door locked only as long as the young person wasn't in her bed, I also told the colleague that I was going to lock the door for the moment and she answered :"it's fine,it's up to you", but once  the young person was in her bed, I unlocked it, so the office was open. 

I spent the night in the office, reading, while the colleague was sitting out of the young person' s room, as she was capable to stay asleep up to 72 hours and there was a risk of running out of home. 

I clearly didn't sleep, as it was a waking night.

I was also starting to feel cold, I've spent most of the night coughing,  it was clear that I wasn't sleeping.

At 7 am I went downstairs to complete some duties (empty the bins, wash some cups left in the sink, brush the floor), while the colleague was upstairs to complete the paperwork in the office. 

We chatted and she looked really nice, when I left she also thanked me, telling me that it was nice to meet me....

The first weird thing is that, when I signed the paperwork I noticed that close to my name this colleague reported that I started at 9.30 pm, even if I was on site at 8 pm (as I was supposed to be),

today, I received a phone call from the office:

it was reported to the Company that I didn't interact with the young person and that I spent the entire shift in the office,

they didn't want to pay me for the shift, as this was unacceptable.

I replied what the colleague told me about the young person. 

They called her, then called me back:

the colleague confirmed, but told that I locked myself in the office, and that she tried to get in during the night but I didn't hear her, which is untrue 

(she tried only once, but it was still early, during that only hour I spent in the office with the door locked, and I clearly opened the door). 

they told me they were going to pay me for the shift but to be more careful next time,for safeguarding  reasons and so on...

The point is...

I am absolutely shocked and perplexed...

Why should a person act like this?

Why should you tell me to go in the office to do "what I want" and then report that I was in the office doing nothing??

I also replied that it's 6 months that I work for that agency and that it was the first time they hear something like this about me,

but honestly, I am worried now...

First, I am worried about references, as I am  looking for a better job (I am over qualified for this one, but I am a foreigner, so I needed some experiences to improve my english and knowledge of the english care sector),

I am worried my opinion is not taken in consideration because I have a zero hours contract with this agency (instead of this colleague, even if I don't know if she was also a Senior) and also because, let's be honest, with the Brexit mess, many people are less tolerant with people coming from other countries...

What should I do now?

'do want you want' from a co-worker usually means - well if you don't know your job, i'll soon drop you in it if you don't do it.

do what you know you should be doing and told to do by the bosses...

he's not your boss.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets