Thomas Cook - Delayed flight compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

Firstly, a bit of a shocker nobody stepped in to help.  Surprised as the repat costs will surely outweigh the short-term investment required to remain solvent.  UK Gov could then have at least mitigated public anger at bailing out a plc as they'd at least have some 'skin in the game'.

Rather guiltily on to my question if anyone knows where I can turn to - or if I can turn anywhere for that matter.

On August 13th I was supposed to fly to Mexico from Manchester but ended up with a 25 hour delay.  When we arrived in Mexico the following day, we submitted the flight delay claim.  On 9th September they responded to say a BACS payment has been authorised for £2,120 (four of us travelling) and would take up to 28 working days to reach the account.

I'm guessing now TC have entered administration that payment probably won't be coming now so wondered if there was somewhere else to turn to to claim the compensation.  I have googled my predicament and the links are all to do with 'what to to in the event your airline goes bust before your holiday'.

Thanks lots

I should imagine your only option now is to register with the official receiver as a creditor.

Whether you’ll get anything back is another matter, and most probably not the answer you we’re looking for.

Sorry.

9 hours ago, jamieleeuk said:

I suspect you’re right.  Thanks for the direction.

crappy situation for those worse affected 😢

Indeed a crappy situation for everyone, those currently on holiday, those who are being kicked out of hotels, those who have had holiday and wedding plans trashed, and those like yourself who are owed money from either Gift Cards or an EU261 claim.

Not to mention the staff at Thomas Cook. The Executives are to blame for this mess, the ones who are paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year and are supposed to have the business acumen to run a business successfully.

You couldn’t make this rubbish up that this company went under with multi billion pound debts.

That webpage is indeed for people who haven't yet traveled, HB.

The OP here has traveled, was entitled to 'delay compensation',  but will now have to lodge their claim for the monies owed with the administrator, and will get whatever 'pennies in the pound' sum that gets shared between the unsecured creditors :(

If the OP paid by credit card, they should also investigate a S.75 claim for "service delivered, but not as expected", in case the CC company  will grant the compensation, (as if the OP was suing Thomas Cook for the sum promised but not provided in compensation, and adding the CC company as a joint defendant ......)

I don;t know if the CC Co. will 'go for it', but it might be worth a try, and leaves the OP with the full compensation and the CC Co. with whatever share they can get from the liquidation

Edited by BazzaS