LCS for SSE - REFUSING THAT THEY CANNOT ADD CHARGES

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I hope someone out there can point me in the right direction on this one.

I have an ongoing issue with a DCA called LCS who act for Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE). 

I have not, and of course will not speak to them on the phone. 

They have, after some time, responded to my letter to them asking if SSE had sold the debt. 

They have responded openly and said they are agents and the debt has NOT been sold on to them. 

They are trying to add on "recovery charges" of £71.57 and trying to say it is SSE that has done this. 

They enclosed an invoice from SSE for the amount owed to them and there are NO additional charges added.

Now I have already told them that if the debt has not been sold then I want to deal direct with SSE and not them but they are having none of it. 

I want to tell them to basically go forth and multiply but I want to do it in a legal way.

• dx100uk changed the title to LCS for SSE - REFUSING THAT THEY CANNOT ADD CHARGES

expand on the debt please

current supplier and current address or ??

full history please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We used to be with SSE up until the summer and we were advised by them that we had a closing balance of £357.87. 

We were unable to pay this at the time and SSE were not prepared to wait for us to agree some sort of payment arrangement over a period of time because they wanted things settled there and then because we were leaving them. 

after the passage of some more time we heard from LCS who are saying they are authorised agents. 

I have never at any time had any communication from SSE that THEY were adding charges so I am assuming this is an attempt by the DCA to extract 'administration fees'.

correct, but you shouldn't be awaiting SSE to give their permission

you know their details, you should have just gotten on and paid it as you suggested.

have you been keeping the money put aside that you offered £PCM to date?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you know or can find out the sortcode and account number for SSE, you could set up standing order to pay them the amount over a relevant period. Then write to SSE saying that is what you are doing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you unclebulgaria67 and ericsbrother. 

Useful advice. 

I would just like to ask one further question if I may. 

I offered originally to SSE what I felt was a reasonable and affordable payment arrangement. 

Why the matter went to LCS is because SSE flatly rejected my proposal and demanded that the full sum be paid in 2 equal instalments over 2 months which I couldn't afford then and still can't. 

Can I just implement myself what I proposed and what if they say I HAVE to deal with LCS?

Pay sse direct

Ignore the dca totally

Dont offer just do it!

When you can what you can.

You dont need anyone's permission!!

and they

yep, even if you are in arrears it will show that you are trying to resolve the problem. Gte it cleared in under 6 months and they will have nothing to complain about and it will take at least that time for them to try and use the legal route to force a payment method (which they will then lose as you are clearing the arrears)