Well it would be nice to keep the car and if possible get something back from them if they've done me wrong.
If VT was the only option in getting rid of Moneybarn as ive paid over 50% would they refund difference, but wouldnt they be entitled to the rest under the consent order..
In process of scanning the log
Our mortgage expired four years ago.
We have been paying interest only for a number of years (many) after the lender offered to change us from a 25 year standard repayment mortgage.
When we reached the end of the 25 years the lender allowed us an informal two year extension of the mortgage period.
This two year period passed without any comment from the lender, and we continued to pay the interest each month for another eighteen months.
A few months ago the lender decided that we must pay the outstanding mortgage, around £50k or face litigation.
We looked into re mortgaging with other lenders with no success. (Current value around £135k)
Our lender eventually offered us an assisted voluntary sale, allowing us six months to sell, and appointed an asset manager.
My problem is,
they and their appointed estate agent seem more interested in selling at the greatest speed possible rather than assisting us getting the best price within the allotted time.
I am considering simply selling the property through an estate agent appointed by me, and taking the chance that we can sell our property before the lender can obtain a possession order.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all the help and advice so far.
Given I'd left things rather to the last minute, I attempted to hand deliver my letter to the court (in the evening on drive home from work) - but no letter box at court to deliver letter (the actual address is a PO Box).
Fortunately, I managed to get someone to hand it in the next day (last Thursday) during the day - so hopefully it's ended up on the right desk.
I await the next stage.