Jump to content


Self employment question

Recommended Posts


I've been self employed CIS for a number of years and know the basics...however I've been offered a contract to which I will be taking hired help on a self employment basis. Question I have is what's the best way to pay him? I get paid from the company who automatically deduct 20% CIS then out of that I will pay my worker, so I have paid tax on his wage? Sorry if I sound a bit daft but like I said know the basics lol. Any advice would be much appreciated TIA

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

does he have a CIS card?

Can I presume that your contract is going to make you enough to pay your chap and not leave you short so any difference can be sorted out at the end of the tax year.

TBH this is a question you should ask the govt helpline if you can find the correct number

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...