Clare vs HSBC for £4,900- ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Clare,

The charges for unauthorised o/d are reclaimable. What I did was to use the advanced spreadsheet. Enter the date/description of the charge and the amount in the left hand side. The s/sheet will automatically add up as you go along.

Then enter the date/amount of debit interest they took for that month and the balcne of the account on that day into the R/H side. The s/sheet will then automatically calculate interest for you.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it helps, thanks. The majority of the fees were for going well over our agreed overdraft limit as I said before. For the past 2 years weve been incurring £125's worth of charges each month....

This is typically 5 x a £25 'fee' and then you are also charged interest on the 'fee' as well !!! :mad:

so does it work for the overdraft to? So they should only charge us what it costs them? Which is?!?

The OFT (office of fair trading) suggested a 'fee' to cover their admin costs of approx £12 would be reasonible :rolleyes:

We rarely get letters apart from the letter that comes with the statements stating the charges incurred that particular month?

You need more friends then LOL (you find LOADS in here) :D

Steve :)

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Very funny Steve!! :) Thought id update you all....... though I have nothing to update unfortunately...... :(

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Babes,

following on from Babs sucesss - 'we' should all being well be NEXT

See - I'm upbeat again now !!!!!

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

That didnt take long! Good for you!! :)

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

I'm ok really - we all have 'off' days - fingers x'd for tomorrows post x

We sure do, glad your okay x

LOL Hi Netty, its killing me too.... no news here... still waiting for the post this morning but doubt for one minute there will be anything of interest in there!! x

LOL Hi Netty, its killing me too.... no news here... still waiting for the post this morning but doubt for one minute there will be anything of interest in there!! x

Hi Clare

So it all hangs on tomorrows post then girl??

god i've never needed prozac more lol

pleeeease let me know when it drops thru the door lol i haven't slept for days now and this is your case... can u imagine what i'm gonna be like when this time arrives for me..... oh joy!!!

Netty:confused:

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Clare you will get your money back. The charges are unlawful. You have paid the bank for the use of their money in the way of overdraft interest. The banks know the charges are unlawful, that is why they are avoiding going to court with anyone. Just because you didn't manage your finances well doesn't mean you deserve to be punished with fines. These are not charges for services.

I hope this puts your mind at rest.

Hi Bong!

You've hit the nail on the head there... at the end of the day the banks are charging the people with the least money to cope with these outrageous charges and that's why we're all in the same boat. This is definitely the best way forward for everybody whoever cried when they tried to get money out on the day the bank decided to 'charge for whatever' on the same day!!

We will survive lol

Netty x:-)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Ahhh thanks Netty, ill post AS SOON as I get it, promise!! Think it will be in the new year now but will update with any new info! Promise!!! xxxx

so claire, dear, have you considered calling dg "to see if they received your breakdown" as they seem to be telling people that they write to you 2-3 days after they receive your breakdown - it clearly isn't on that time frame for you - i suggest you a) send them again or b) call and ask if they have been received or c) both of the above.

i think the proactive approach is best - you've waited long enough!

Im too scared to phone although Id love to have the guts to do it... Im guessing they recieved them as they havnt wrote to me requesting them yet and its been over 3 weeks since they acknowledged! I guess I could send them again though.....

Dunno... just dont like phoning people thats all....

Will do... would be so much easier if they provided a contact email address!!

Thanks, have done! Will let you know!

Hello! Just a little update before I hit the sack! Just checked my MCOL as I do every day! HSBC have entered a defence! Im really worried as my 28 days are not up until the 28th, why have they done it so early? Makes me think that they are very confident.... Im getting really worried now :(

:p

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Hey guys, look at babs thread !!!

It's looking like a good Christmas so far for us all :D