• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clare vs HSBC for £4,900- ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Mike, I hope everything goes smoothly for you too! When did you get your offer and when did you fax it back? Your prob right about being in the same boat. When I rang she said 'the requests for payments' were being sent over that afternoon and she would put mine at the top of the pile so guess their were quite a few being sent over, chances are yours was in the same pile!! xxxxx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i sent the fax baxk on the 27th, but i dont think anyone it bacn till the 3dr now anyway, so will call then and see what happens.

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

Think the bloke said they were back on the 2nd, not that a day would make much difference! I bet yours was in the same pile as mine, they prob wait till they've got at least a few then they send them to the bank.

Mine was sent back on the Friday the 22nd and then came the weekend, xmas and boxing day so would have been no different to sending it on the 27th to be honest!!

Anyway, Im hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday so good luck for then!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

This is amazing !!

I have been considering doing this for a while, but your story has completely inspired me to get started.

My only concern is they will try to close my bank account, any advice ?

Thanks

and, so we can all jump in and help you along the way, perhaps start your own thread. that way, you can keep track of what you've done, like a diary and we will know where to find you when you need us.

first and foremost read the faqs and step by step instructions until you are very familiar with them. they will guide your every step: Newcomer? Here's A User Guide

Think the bloke said they were back on the 2nd, not that a day would make much difference! I bet yours was in the same pile as mine, they prob wait till they've got at least a few then they send them to the bank.

Mine was sent back on the Friday the 22nd and then came the weekend, xmas and boxing day so would have been no different to sending it on the 27th to be honest!!

Anyway, Im hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday so good luck for then!

You are on EXACTLY the same time frame as me then. mine was sent 22nd and delivered 27th. I am desperate for my money, you tried calling them? i can never get hold of anyone!

23rd oct - sent data protection letter to halifax

08th jan - mcol issued.

13th jan - halifax served.

29th jan - halifax acknowledged claim.

No money today either... if its not there by tomorow ill be ringing the bank!

Just rang HSBC, she said there were no 'pending' payments going into my account at the moment but the system can still update... this is unnbearable now... I NEED that money, I cannot go another day without a car!! LOL

If I want to speak to someone at HSBC regarding the payment who should I phone?!!

Hi It's Kathryn again, I have just read your reply, the court paperwork says that they put in their defence on the 28th November although it only appeared on line on the 28th December, the post was not there this morning when I left so I have got my fingers crossed that something will be there when I get home, like you I am really impatient, I could really do with this money at the moment. Do I need to send tham a copy of my statement of charges, will this help?

Money in the bank today!! Wooo hooo!! New car here I come!!!!!! :D

Kathryn, hang tight, your soooo close now!! have you already sent DG the breakdown of charges? Im not sure how it works with the courts as I never got further than them entering a defence! But I think ive heard of people sending the BOC to the courts, hopefully someone else can answer this? Good luck for todays post!! xx

clare, i'm so glad you finally got your money - had visions of you walking or bussing everywhere with kids in tow and all. now, spend wisely girl and buy that cute kid a little treat! got there in the end.....a bit of a rocky road at times but you are there now. have a very healthy, happy 2007!

WELL DONE YOU!! i faxed back my acceptance on the 27th, so hopefully i might get mine soon too. How long did it take for u?

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

that's why a lot of people want a cheque, so they can determine where it goes. i don't think they would call in the overdraft - not without notice - but it might be a good idea to get it down to a manageable level or else you might find yourself in the same boat again?! hope it comes tomorrow.

Thanks Lats! The treat is that we now have a car and get to go out!! Woo hoo!!! ;)

Thank you EVERYONE for your help and support (and laughs!) Esp Lats and Steve who sadly isnt here to accept my huge thank you's!!

And good luck all!! Ill be around to see how your going!! xxx

Sorry boxxer, mine took from the 22nd so wont be long for you now I doubt!! xx

This my first post, and well done.

Started on the long road to get my money back about 2 weeks ago. Don't know what im gonna claim for yet because im still waiting for the 2nd batch of staments covering the first 3 years of the 6 that you can claim for. But im guessing the total amount will around £1000. Is it worth it?

Yes definitely do it!! On top of your charges when you get to the court claim bit you can add 8% interest, it all adds up! You may be surprised to see how much your charges total, I was looking at about 3 grand and it was over 5 in the end!