Cancelling Gym Membership from Harlands and Energie Fitness Bethnal Green

JJ122
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently cancelled a direct debit with this gym and requested to cancel my gym membership but had gone through the same ordeal as previous users on this forum.

I was persistent enough (having read the forums) to have the staff at the gym terminate my membership on their system. See attached image for proof of documentation. Additionally, I have sent Harlands and the gym an email with the image informing them that gym membership has been terminated. I have been given reassurance that they CANNOT reverse the termination. 

My question is:

1) Am I still expected to pay that extra 1 month of gym membership? (I was informed this was so, but I requested for an official documentation that states this policy via email without agreeing to pay)

2) Is the screenshot sufficient proof that the membership has been terminated? (date cancelled and time stamp are clearly stated)

Many thanks for the help!

SS.jpg

you should give 30 days notice, which in English means allow one further payment, then cut off their cash stream.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi JJ and welcome to CAG

See other threads here and look for a letter to Harlands that offers the final fee, on condition they accept the offer within 14 days and do NOT demand admin fees on top.

Use a posted letter to Harlands. After that, if they fail to accept or comply, you can ignore Harlands/CRS.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi CAG team,

I've sent the email and posted and official letter requesting for the membership cancellation. Direct Debit line has not been reinstated. 

Let's hope Harlands and Energie Fitness stays off my email and letterbox. I will be holding onto the official documentation.

now block and bounce their emails.

there is nothing they can do even if they don't,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...