Parking Eye - Ramada Solihull

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I received a NTK dated 27th August for staying in the car park at Ramada Hotel, Solihull for 6 hours 20 minutes.

I can confirm that the driver (unidentified) had purchased a ticket from the pay and display machines for a period of 6 hours. The driver was unable to return to the vehicle within the time period due to being in a customer interview.

I know that POPLA do not always consider personal circumstances in appeals, so I will attach documents for your advice.

I appealed using the Parking Eye online form, but it had came back unsuccessful, which I am not surprised really.

Regardless of the terms and conditions within the car park, the signage from a drivers point of view are unclear and as far as I can tell, there is no landowner authority.

Having said that, there are terminals within the hotel, which suggests that Ramada has given permission to operate the car park.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks.

Link to photos of drivers eye view at entrance to car park is here... https://postimg.cc/gallery/ljwmv3ao/

Parking Eye Reject.pdf Parking Eye NTK REDACTED.pdf

Unfortunately,  I wasn't a customer at the hotel. The driver of the car was conducting interviews at the nearby job centre and couldn't return to the car within the time they had paid for. Just seems excessive to charge £100 for 20 minutes parking with 6 hours already paid for.

i've uploaded the photos above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I will probably get this appeal onto POPLA in the next few days.

According to the signage, it states they have landowner's authority, so I will probably go down the road of unfair penalties and contract. I

will also bring up the grace period and the signage being unclear from a drivers perspective.

If anyone spots anything else, please let me know.

There is nothing in those terms and conditions on that sign that state if you overstay your time that you owe them £100. They don't even say that you have 10 minute grace either. The T&Cs start from the  overnight guest rules and terminate with blue badge holders. also it is difficult to read but even on the paymeny machine I did not read that an overstay would cost anything let alone £100. If there is nothing on the machine about charges then you are home and dried.