Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I took my car for an MOT early at 08:00. I was first in, no other work, the appointment had been made a week before, so I was told it would be done immediately. After an hour I got a call that the MOT had failed with back bushes cracked and front suspension work (which I currently do not remember - nor do I have a record for as I will explain). I told them then to do all work needed for the car to pass MOT, as I have to by the laws around a failed MOT, the parts and labour would be around £700 I went to check the MOT database but did not see my failed MOT, just the pass from last year. I called them again and asked why I can't see it. They said that it will be recorded shortly. Later that afternoon they then call me and tell me it's all ready and it will be £500+ now, since they reviewed it more closely. I check the MOT database again and all I see is a passed MOT. No failed MOT has been recorded. That is why I cannot tell you exactly what they have fixed. I still have not gone to the garage.   I thought a failed MOT has to be recorded by law. I'm suspicious of this. Am I right to be suspicious?
    • Couldn't get through to MCOL yesterday afternoon - looks like the claim was issued on 15th December not 21st like I was told.  Will try again today but not looking good time wise.
    • If its a 'cabinet minister' then its a poop-ulist We shouldn't expect reasonableness or common sense let alone competence, or anything other than self interest and self promotion.   oops - and their private sector mates ewho will pay them megabucks for a few hours a year roles - as long as its not their money thats wasted   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-test-and-trace-dido-harding-b1789098.html
    • Yes, I agree that you should simply wait until the 28. Give them a couple of extra days and then send a letter of claim on the 1st of February. Make sure that you are actually happy to issue the claim on 15 February and that you are bluffing. Register onto the moneyclaim website and start preparing your claim. Post your particulars here before you click them off. I suggest that you claim a very modest amount – £50 for the moment.  
    • Fig. 5: Account Status Codes for Current Accounts Explained 0 Your account is in credit; your account is not overdrawn; you are managing your account within the terms of your agreement. 1 Agreed repayments are one to two months behind; your overdraft balance has been greater than your overdraft limit for one to two months; cheques, direct debits and standing orders may have been bounced to keep the account in order. 2 Agreed repayments are two to three months behind; your overdraft balance has been greater than your overdraft limit for two to three months; cheques, direct debits and standing orders may have been bounced for a second month to keep the account in order. 3 Agreed repayments are three or more months behind; your overdraft balance has been greater than your overdraft limit for two to three months; cheques, direct debits and standing orders may have been bounced for a third month to keep the account in order. 4-6 Agreed repayments are more than three months behind but you have agreed new repayments with the lender to bring the account in order. 8 Your overdraft balance has been greater than your overdraft limit for more than three months and you have not agreed new repayments to bring the account in order. The lender has decided that you have broken the terms of your agreement and has told you that your account is now in‘default’; the lender has closed your account. U Your account has just been opened; your account is more than three months old, has a zero balance and has not been used in the last month.
  • Our picks

    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 487 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I am just outside of the HS" zone for compulsory purchase.

However,I put my house up for sale 4 weeks ago, and have had 2 viewers.

Both said they like the house but the threat of HS2 having framework across the road put them off buying my house.

 

 I am aware that I can take HS2 to court and get the court judge to (hopefully),force HS2 to purchase my house at market value under the Blight Order.

 

 How do I go about starting the process?.

Which court would the case go to?.

Am i best enlisting a claims specialist with success in this field?.

 

 The estate agent who my house is on the market with has told me that they have the feedback documentation from the 2 viewers testifying that HS2 put them off buying my house, so they would be available to the court.

 

 Apparently there has already been 1 successful case on my street, and 1 two streets down, and there is another case on my street going through the court.

 

 Any help, laws,quotes etc would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you spoken to the Solicitor handling your house sale ? If so, what do they think ?

 

Given HS2 seems to have plenty of money to defend cases brought against them, you would need a Solicitors that could deal with any arguments raised by HS2.

 

And HS2 is up for review before end of the year, which might lead to changes or project cancelled.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't instructed a solicitor yet as there have not been any offers on the house.

 I don't know if the estate agent who has my house up for sale would be able to give me the address of the 2 houses whose owners took HS2 to court.GDPR brerach I would guess.

 I could hang on until after the review to see if HS2 gets cancelled.Certainly there has not been any engineering or works of any kind in my area,other than cable laying last year.That's it,nothing else so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to sell quickly and look for a bungalow or park home as I was diagnosed with Osteo Arthritis around 4 years ago, and I am starting to struggle to get up and down stairs.And in may this year,I had a seizure, so don't want to risk another seizure whilst coming down stairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...