Idem default on credit file for MBNA card

TRI3MUM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new so please move if I've posted to the wrong place!

I had an MBMA card, I defaulted and it was sold to IDEM. I paid off the full debt by month payments at an agreed amount and the debt was cleared this year.

I had other debts that I paid off and they show as settled or closed and the default date being the actual dale that I defaulted but the IDEM shows the default each month up to the final payment this year.

Can this be changed to show the actual default date or am I stuck with this on my file for another 6 years even though it's now paid in full?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to CAG

What date/ year did you default with MBNA ?

Andy

Thread moved to MBNA Forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So IDEM are correct to report it on your credit files....all defaults must be reported and shown for 6 years  (2014 -2020)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes I get that, it shows as two defaults for one debt - one for MBNA and one for IDEM, so my account is reporting that I have 3 defaults, MBNA, IDEM and another when I actually only have 2 defaulted debts. Thanks.

They are all the same account number so it does not matter.......original creditor/ DCA...quite normal...MBNA will fall off eventually.  

• Like 1

when the OC's original default date reaches its 6th birthday

any account referring to the same debt are removed from your file never to return.

regardless to if the debt is settled or not

forget the calendar markers they are immaterial. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Worthwhile read....