false advert wedding dress

sy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I tried a wedding dress on, in a store and then placed an order for it.  I paid £800 deposit.  The dress arrived late although still in time for the wedding.  However, it was completely sub-standard compared to the original.  The store hid the original so I could not make an accurate comparison, but I knew something was seriously wrong.  The fabric, the cut, the length, the amount of fabric, the trail were all sub-standard and costs had been cut.

I applied for a tribunal in order to get my money back, but the store keeps changing the location of the court.  Initially the case went to Basingstoke County Court, the store requested it transfer to East London, and now it has transferred again to Central London.  The store seems to keep having papers transferred court to court, in order to prevent a hearing.

Please can someone advise what I can do to stop this and ensure a hearing takes place.

Thank you,

Sy1

Hi and Welcome to CAG

By Tribunal do you mean  a small claims court claim ......county court ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

All litigants whether claimant or defendant.....  when made against a business are dealt with at the litigants local county court.

Once all parties have filed their questionnaire the case will be transferred to the mediator /
local court to continue. If you are making a claim against an individual, the claim will be
transferred to their local court. If you are making a claim against a company, the claim will be
transferred to your local court, or to your solicitor’s local court.
You can search for your local
county court using the following website: http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458835/money-claim-online-user-guide.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

in short tell the court you want the hearing at wherever is best for you and make sure they undersatnd that you are suing a business so the procedure is that it goes to your local court. If the named defendant is for example Ms X  rather than Ms X trading as flo's dresses the confusion is simple to make