blondiegirl

IDEM Claim Form - My MBNA Credit Card Debt

They sent me a copy of theirs a week or so ago - they ticked no to mediation. 

They enclosed it with their letter stating that they were asking for more time.

- BlondieGirl

Still have to file their DQ by the date stated...mediation yes or no.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Then ring MCOL and ask why is it not showing in the status.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Wonderful! They don't have it.

Luckily, I have a signed-for reference number from the post office and a screen shot of proof of receipt their-end which I have to email them. As well as a copy of my DQ N180 which I have to send.

- BlondieGirl

Thats why its so important to keep an eye on the status...otherwise they could have struck out your defence and blamed you for not filing the DQ.

I have been checking on and off but noticed that it's showing as "DQ received" for my OH's claim, I noticed mine wasn't. The Court is apparently 2 weeks behind anyway, however they're working on the 25th Oct and they had mine on the 21st.

- BlondieGirl

I've just emailed my N180 to the court as instructed by them yesterday because they had no record of it.

However, checking the moneyclaim website today, it's now showing as:

DQ filed by claimant on 04/11/2019

You filed a DQ on 08/11/2019

Your claim was transferred to CITY on 08/11/2019

Is this quick or standard timing?

- BlondieGirl

Husband's has not been transferred to our local city, just mine. His DQ was filed before mine??

- BlondieGirl

I've just received a letter from the Court today - a Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to my local court.

I know someone mentioned that litigation is slow, but I hope "slow" is months away.

- BlondieGirl

Hello there.

While you are waiting for a date and time to come through from the courts ( this is normal procedure), now would be a good time to start looking at witness statements and how to prepare.

This is so you have plenty of time to adapt and adjust, get opinions and advice from other users.

This way you will be prepared well in advance.

good luck

Thanks 🙂 Was your date long? Did it take long to come through?

I am the only witness so not really sure what statement I have to prepare. Any guidance on what I need to get together would be appreciated. All I have are the reasons why they shouldnt be claiming from me eg, no signed agreement, no default notice from MBNA etc.

- BlondieGirl

I got my notice of allocation to my local court  JAN 2019, waited a month because idem asked for a month extension to retrieve documents, then heard nothing till MAY, got the advice from Andy & DX to give court a ring to see if any progress has been made or claim discontinued, eventually got a hearing date end of JULY. 

Now the witness statement is really a further step of your defence. If you read my thread (post 98, 99, 100, 101,) that is the witness statement I compiled with the help of Andy and DX.

POST 99 has an attachment which is another example of a witness statement that Andy provided me with to see if there was anything I could use from it.

hope this helps