• Tweets

• should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
  • Our picks

Hobnail

VCS PCN - no stopping - spycar CCTV - Liverpool Airport "offence"

Hi Guys

Started a new thread on this as there are quite a few on here already that I have read.

Would be greatful for any advice on this.

My partner has received a PCN from VCS Ltd saying that she owes them £100 for stopping on red lines. Or only £60 within 14 days of the issue date.

She wanted to just pay it and I said no chance. So I'm gonna fight it on her behalf. I have had no contact with VCS and after reading other threads will be ignoring any letters until there is a letter from a solicitor regarding a court summons.

Is this the correct procedure at this point?

Cheers

hobnail

cross T and dot I first please

answer the above q's back here 1st

and scan both sides of the NTD/NTK up here as ONE multipage pdf please

read upload

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement - 30/8/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 6/9/19

3 Date received - 12/9/19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] - NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - YES

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] - NO

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up - N/A

7 Who is the parking company? - Vehicle Control Services Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] - Liverpool JL Airport L24 1YD

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. - looks like IAS

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here - N/A

Here is the pdf as requested

cheers

front and back of letter

PCN - Front.pdf

back of letterPCN - Letter back.pdf

thats not an ANPR capture.

its a spy car 

no such thing as no stopping

and the byelaws over rule all their stupid unenforceable rules anyway.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi.

VCS are fairly new to Liverpool airport, but we have a couple of other threads about them that are worth a read.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

so all that being said is it same as other threads. Eg, ignore all letters until a solicitor gets involved?

cheers again

hobnail

jla john lennon airport Liverpool airport etc etc 

go back past 2014 on these no stopping rubbish here

the situation has never changed

dx

spreadsheets 

Apologies Hobnail, I was thinking of Southend where VCS are new.

HB

Thats ok honeybee if you a mod I can understand that :)

So i'll just ignore until I get a Letter Before Action right?

These bastards must really coin it in from people who can't be arsed to fight it or just think its "the law"

What a sad world we live in when greed and corruption are the norm.

hobnail

Spot on, Hobnail. :)  Had you realised that the private parking companies [PPCs] are ex-clampers? You might view them in a different light knowing that.

If memory serves the Parking Prankster website/blog has information about JLA.

HB

Aye they are scumbags alright.

We were late getting to the airport so droped the girlfriend off to check bags in before I went to park the car in prepay carpark.

Saw they wanted £3 just to drop off so though I'll just pull over - only took about 60 secs. So they fleece you for £3 or £100 either way they robbing you blind. 😠

If you rode a pedal cycle or an e bike with no numberplates up that road and stopped to read the sign, the spy car would follow and the operator try to get your details to give you a charge for stopping.  I phoned and asked VCS, and they confirmed that is what they would do even to a mobility scooter or a  broken down vehicle.  they would likely ticket any Roadside recovery vehicle that came to assist as well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So what is a red route and does JLA have the authority to enforce? well, red routes are very specific for both place and purpose and strangely enough not policed by ex clampers on behalf of TfL or other citiers where the scheme is authoried..

As already said, JLA has its own byelaws and these trump any contract that VCS may offer and that is all VCS can do is offer for your consideration a PARKING contract. Somehting saying no stopping isnt  an offer to park for you to consider adn either accept or reject. for those reasons VCS dont have a leg to stand on but as they are greedy adn dishonest they wont drop the matter until their bluff is called. For every person who comes here for advice and takes them on another 99 will fall in line and pay up so they keep going after people without lawful reason as it pays them very well.

So read the other threads and you will get an idea of what piffle you will get on your doormat before the great minds at VCS send you their lba. This you respond to but no need to waste yout time on anything else. Do not use email to correspond with them under any circumstances

Cheers everyone for the advice.

How long before I can expect the Letter Before Action is sent my way - presumably this will be after several threatening letters to our address with  the "penalty" costs rising every time right?

Something like that yes, when you do get a LBA, one of ericsbrothers snotty letters is in order letting them know that you know they have no lawful reason to claim even a can of maggots for a non parking incident.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hello again,

I was wondering how long it would be before I start getting more letters from VCS. Its been over a month now since our first letter.

Is it usual for them to take ages to sent further threats of court/increased fines ect.....??

Is it wishful thinking that they leave us alone now?

Cheers again

hobnail

Did you send an ericsbrother style snotty letter?  they might leave you alone until just before Christmas, then get a tame powerless DCA to start sending letters with some spurious charges added to increase the  "(NON) debt" To them its a psychological game, so they will ramp up their threats at the festive season hoping to frighten someone into compliance.  VCS are not honest brokers, and  have no Locus Standi to demand anything where Bye-laws are in force.

Hi brassnecked

No I've ignored them so far. Told to just wait until I get the LBA from them. Just thought it strange I've had no more threats from them since. I was expecting more "fear" thats all.

Not that I'm worried tho

😉

Hi good people

We finally got a second letter from VCS so I though I would post it here to keep you all up to date and keep the tread alive as I will be needing assistance once I get the Letter Before Action.

Cheers again

Finalreminder.pdf

Another update to the thread.

We got this letter over the weekend. "fine" now up to £160 and likely to rise.

How long before the letter before action anyone any ideas?

Is the letter before action from a solicitor?

cheers

Won't let me upload anymore to this thread?????????????

Latest_Threat.pdf

It seems you just have, twice. :)

What error message did you get?

HB

PDF is damaged it says when you try to open it if that's any help HB

" we may commence legal proceedings against you. ln
the event that County Court proceedings are issued,
"

Another ThreatOgram not a letter Before Action/Claim