ECP ANPR PCN - faulty machine - part reg recorded on ticket -Stafford - Sheridan Centre Car Park* Resolved Appeal accepted*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My daughter has just contacted me regarding a parking charge she has received for parking on a pay and display car park owned by euro car parks.

It is the type of machine that requests the registration number is entered and printed on the ticket but whilst paying the machine spat out a ticket when they had only entered one digit from their registration number.

They still have the ticket and can prove that they did not overstay and that they paid for parking,

it was only 30 minutes they paid for so ticket sharing would be highly unlikely anyway.

These people have still sent a demand for £60, rising to £100 if they do not pay within 14 days.

I have suggested they appeal and tell them if they want to take the matter to court they are more than welcome because they have the proof that they paid and there is CCTV all over the car park so I cannot see any judge in the land ruling against her.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with this company?

I cannot answer the questions as requested for this type of parking as the PCN is at my daughters house.

If it will help I will ask her to log in and post them though.

Thanks guys.

yes please

and complete this

there are lots of wrong reg type threads here already which covers the samething.

NO DO NOT APPEAL..

await the letter of claim IF one ever comes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP PCN - faulty machine - part reg recorded on ticket -

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement      05/09/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]     12/09/2019

3 Date received     14/09/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]      Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?     Number plate photographs

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]     Yes as mentioned above. I do not have details of this.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up     No (Only sent appeal today)

7 Who is the parking company?     Euro Car Parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]     Stafford - Sheridan Centre Car Park

Car Park entry time recorded as 12:46:17, exit time recorded as 13:06:04

Too late I think, They sent the appeal through an online form.

All information to the best of my knowledge is in the post above.

Appealing is not a good idea quite often, as you don't want to identify the driver, and doing so in an appeal makes things difficult later on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP ANPR PCN - faulty machine - part reg recorded on ticket -Stafford - Sheridan Centre Car Park

Well it's too late now anyway. I don't see how there could be any issues because they paid the parking, can prove they paid the parking, the machine was faulty so I don't see how any judge could award in ECP favour if they had the nerve to take it that far

To be perfectly honest I am thinking my daughter should just wait it out now and see what happens anyway. 

I don't believe ECP have a leg to stand on with this. The parking charge is excessive for a 20 minute stay, the required parking fee was paid, we have proof the payment was made with both a ticket and CCTV from the car park.

Surely they are just relying on ignorance in the hope that maybe 2 or 3 people in 10 will just pay up out of fear??

more like 99% will they think DCA's are bailiffs!!!.....mugs!

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey guys. Can anyone give me any links to cases similar to this when the company has backed down or lost their claim?

My daughter has just messaged me panicking about having to pay the full amount if she loses and wants to just pay the reduced amount. I'm so certain that she will win, I've told her I'll pay anything over the reduced amount because I know she won't lose this but I want to ease her mind a bit.

Thanks.

don't forget our custom google search too.

hit the top squares logo

and scroll down a bit.

• Thanks 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff, can mark it resolved then.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well done on your victory!

Given that PPCs very, very rarely (to put it mildly) accept appeals - I wonder why they have done so this time.

Perhaps they realised that as no consequential loss, to claim for a loss in court might upset their MO.