Link & old Goldfish barclaycard Default notice date issues .

Bomber99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why have you continued to pay when they failed the CCA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you do indicate that in your 1st post..

come thru dealing with numerous threads sadly..

so all sorted .

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they never will be able to produce your signed CCA, poss the application form, but that don't count.

they are also well familiar with the mercers DN debacle, which for the period they happened encompasses most of the ex BC debts link bought and fleeced 10'000's of people out of money over.

they began to lose bigtime in court once the word got out and now don't do court at all.

dx

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Link & old Goldfish barclaycard Default notice date issues .

Hi dx

Link have now removed the default from my credit record. Happy days 😀

Barclaycard and Link have informed me that at Present they cannot produce the Historic terms and conditions for the debt Goldfish/Barclaycard 1996, but will continue to try and locate them. What  in your opinion would be a good full and final settlement figure on this debt be. Debt at present is just over £7000. 

Bomber99

why they wont ever be able to enforce the debt..not a chance of a signed agreement appearing..

and they

Trouble is it’s not guaranteed they cannot come up with the agreement. My thoughts are if I offer a full and final I would have peace of mind. It has caused considerable stress to me and my family over the last few years and I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Stuff morality stuff piece of mind.

youve been cash cowed on this debt for years

stop falling for all the dca tricks in the book link have pulled on you over the phone etcetc.. Creating doubts in your head they hold some magical powers..they don't

and they

Makes no odds

and they

Ok that cleared that point up.

As Barclaycard did not default the debt correctly at the time of default I presume this would have given Barclaycard problems in getting a ccj. As Barclaycard have now corrected the default date would this have any impact if Link the now owner decide to take this debt to court. Ie could I put a defence in that the debt was not defaulted correctly at the point the debt actually defaulted.  

I am just trying to weigh up my options if Link decide to take me to court  I know your pretty confident that Link don’t do court but you never know with these bottom feeders 

original creditor's do not do court

too much bad publicity.....

seriously forget about court action..

you've paid this debt several times over in the +20yrs you paid 

and they

Just repeating here. You won, it’s unenforceable, why would you waste a penny of your hard earned cash to pay something that you have no need to?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi dx

thank you for your advice and comments.

I suppose to be truthful, I buried my head in the sand for many years regarding my debts and for the last few years have managed to sort many of them out.

As I now only have 2 left to deal with and this one being the most prominent I am a little bit worried they may come up with the paper work to enforce the whole debt, which could knock me back quite considerably.

That is the only reason I am looking at doing a full and final settlement 

well no ...

p'haps the real reason is you now realise what a fool you possibly might have been in entering into that arrangement you had with a Debt Management company years ago and subsequently wasting all that money paying off debts already that might not have even needed to be wasted against, that now puts even more undue pressure upon you to not do something that makes that scenario feel even more of a waste of money

sadly ...i suspect over the years you have been so indoctrinated by the BS you've been told over the phone, by that old DMC, by DCA's on the phone and in letters etc too , that this still clouds your better judgement.

and they

DCA’s, DMP’s have no interest in getting you out of debt, they just want to make money from you. In doing so they will do and say anything.

They love to appeal to people’s sense of ‘morality’ despite having none themselves. They don’t care if you feel bad, or can’t afford to eat. 

If you want to give away £7k so badly there are plenty of good causes you could help. Link financial isn’t one of them!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think that despite the valid points raised above the OP must do what he feels most comfortable with and that CAG does not endorse debt avoidance.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi dx

thank you for your comments

Never once did I think I was foolish trying to sort my debts out. At the time i was dealing with the

DMC it gave me some breathing space. I was not aware of the cca and the consequences for the creditors if they could not supply the documentation to support their claim. I only found out about these forums and the fantastic info given out when my DMC went out of business.

sounds like it was a good send the fee paying DMC did go out of business then...

I was just worried that even though you say you have gotten wise since those days, you still readily pick up the phone and talk to fleecing DCA's.

and they