BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Yep, your defence at this point is an outline and only needs to be bullet points but you will need to show something  will be added later. For this reason a simple " no keeper liability" or "no breach of contract" wont suffice but is a decent point 1 out of say 4 points ( by all means use both if they apply) but add a little more without writing a  book so for example no keeper liability- the claimant failed to create one under the POFA  and the defendant denies being the driver at the time for no brach of contract you could add  (a) the signage at the site is inadequate to be considered an offer or (b) the claimed breach is not a contractual condition on the signage at the site you see what I eman? enough detail to show there is a defence but no reams of stuff at this stage as they will probably drop the claim before you have to write and collate all of your evidence. carry on collecting it is if they are going to see you in court but dotn waste reams of paper on them at this time. It also prevents them from seeing your full hand before you have to play it   no to mediation, not relevant to this type of claim. Works well for when you sue your builder for a botched job where he has done some work with a value to be determined
    • that is a tick from me as well. Much better to separate things and beat them with a proven method. When you have whupped them in court a complaint to the ICO and the DVLA copied to your MP should be made. the reason these crooks get away with things for so long is that the powers that be dont hear about them, the DVLA will tell porkies to the govt and they will tell parliament it is all working well when it clearly isnt. A huge postbag reinforced with soem nice evidence via court victories for the motorist will make them wake up but this means many peopel need to fight back and stick it to them rather than just being happy about the result of their day out. The real problem is that these companies have the resources and sometimes the political clout to carry on when they know they are wrong. What need to happen is they sue someone like Lord Sugar when he is in a bad mood and they will be on the wrong end of a restraining order but little peopel dont have the financial clout or know which strings to pull to get a High Court judge out of bed at 2am to sign off such a thing.
    • do a SAR as well and if things are wrong tell them you have a big stick to hit them with.
    • Stop doing anything with the loan. Wait until it gets sold to a DCA - Which it will more than likely.  UB are not in a position with the Partnership to take legal action.    Concentrate on other things and put this one to bed in a file in case it rears its head again
    • Some decent reading material today, on Track & Trace, Guardian moving in similar direction to Dr North   https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/way-behind-the-curve-test-trace-and-a-local-credibility-gap   Here is his thoughts for today about how the current T & T cannot be made to work., link to his new platform, as the EU referendum one might put some off from reading it   https://www.turbulenttimes.co.uk/news/corona/coronavirus-tractor-production/
  • Our picks

Salimo

Car seized

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 263 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys and girls 
I need some help but only comment if you’re willing to help no silly comments plz

Police seized my car last Sunday saying that it has a marker on it and told me that the person who I bought it from used stolen credit card ,

I have had the car since March 19 and have full log book in my name and insurance and I even run the car check online and all cane up clean ,

now every time I call the police they tell me that they don’t have much information and the officer dealing with the case is off for a week and the car might go back to the previous owner 

- where do I stand here ,

it’s seems like I’m the one paying back the previous owner instead of catching the person who did the deed and make him pay

Assuming that when you say that 'person who I bought it from used stolen credit card' this was in order to acquire the vehicle, it is essentially a stolen vehicle. Please confirm this. Also can you answer the following:-

a) From/where, by what means did you buy the vehicle. ie dealer, private advert, gumtree, ebay, motor auction. Depending upon the circumstance, the vehicle may well now belong to an insurance company.

b) How did you pay, cash, cheque (yes some people use them), bank transfer, debit card, credit card, through a finance company.

If you think that you are getting the run-around from the police, ask for the local Inspector who should be able and willing to find out the circumstances for you. Try to stay calm, being confrontational will not help get answers.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

You said you ran an hpi check if I understood correctly. 

What service did you use?

my reading of this is that the car had a marker on it for the previous owner using a stolen credit card for other fraud purposes, not that he bought the car with a stolen credit card. If one assumes that the person you bought it from had possession of it for more than a day or so then it would have flagged up on any database.

this makes the seizure as explained an abuse of authority so you need to dig deeper into this and determine what exactly was the reason it was seized and under what powers was it executed.

If it was indeed bought with a stolen credit card then yes, it will go back to its lawful owner and you will have to sue the person who sold it to you. His prosecution for fraud and theft is separate from this action