Car Clamped 9:40pm / Return of Goods Order Motonovo/DG Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, so an update.

he’s not a certificated bailiff.

he has a ‘repossession order’ I.E a document put together by Motonovo and a ‘judgement for delivery of goods’. Dated 10 May 2019.

Police are on their way when someone is available. 

Theres also a ‘field collections report’ which says there’s a zero account balance and zero arrears. 

He had one copy of each document for himself. No copies for me. I now have his copy so he has no paperwork. 

I just thought I’d update you.

The car has gone. There was confusion over the money owed - I and the agent thought they were collecting the arrears and costs (approx £3800). Turns out, it was the the full settlement including legal fees and enforcement costs - over £10,000. Not a chance I could afford this.

I’m still not convinced what happened today was legal. The three pieces of paperwork I have either state I owe nothing or just the court costs of £493. There is errors on the paperwork.

It concluded that because the finance company technically own the car - they can instruct basically anyone to apply a clamp/remove the vehicle. I was told this by the police. I’m not sure if it’s correct.

I feel completely defeated. Thankfully I am getting my insurance payout soon so can get a little runaround but god knows how I’ll cope until then. 

illegally clamped so you couldn't move it to a safe place where he could not repo it from.

where it was sadly he probably quite legally could recover it.

but not clamp it.

don't think what has happened is at all legal.

hope you filmed it all as advised

and have photos of the clamp date stamped etc

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

12 hours ago, HelpNeeded321 said:

I have also now established that someone needs an SIA vehicle immobiliser licence to clamp a car...I’ve searched the register and can’t find him. Is that also correct?

How did you establish this? What register?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

8 hours ago, HelpNeeded321 said:

I just thought I’d update you.

The car has gone. There was confusion over the money owed - I and the agent thought they were collecting the arrears and costs (approx £3800). Turns out, it was the the full settlement including legal fees and enforcement costs - over £10,000. Not a chance I could afford this.

I’m still not convinced what happened today was legal. The three pieces of paperwork I have either state I owe nothing or just the court costs of £493. There is errors on the paperwork.

It concluded that because the finance company technically own the car - they can instruct basically anyone to apply a clamp/remove the vehicle. I was told this by the police. I’m not sure if it’s correct.

I feel completely defeated. Thankfully I am getting my insurance payout soon so can get a little runaround but god knows how I’ll cope until then. 

This sounds like a nightmare! Obviously it will be a huge inconvenience for you temporarily but for an agent to turn up with paperwork which states you owe either nothing or £493.00 and the finance company actually want in excess of £10k that is some very creative accounting by somebody............

If you're that way inclined, I would certainly follow it up with someone and see if what has happened was legal and get charges removed to reduce the debt if nothing else.

How and more to the point who concluded that the finance company can send anyone to repossess the vehicle, the police are not experts that's for sure!!! They just want a quiet life and get out of the situation.

I have been trying to liaise with professional debt agencies about a very similar situation but they keep you on hold for over an hour, then go through all the income and expenditure and then you never quite get to the point that you called them about. That's not independent advice, it gets us no where.

I'm sorry you have gone through this experience and hope you can draw a line under it and move forward.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

15 hours ago, Will Goodfellow said:

How much is the car worth? You are still liable for the £10,000+ minus whatever the car sells for at auction.

I realise this. The car is probably worth around £7k so will sell for less at auction.

I am also contacting a solicitor about what happened as I am convinced their actions were illegal. If it gets anywhere, I can potentially look at reducing that bill significantly. 

Will update with what happens.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shelley181146 said:

This sounds like a nightmare! Obviously it will be a huge inconvenience for you temporarily but for an agent to turn up with paperwork which states you owe either nothing or £493.00 and the finance company actually want in excess of £10k that is some very creative accounting by somebody............

If you're that way inclined, I would certainly follow it up with someone and see if what has happened was legal and get charges removed to reduce the debt if nothing else.

How and more to the point who concluded that the finance company can send anyone to repossess the vehicle, the police are not experts that's for sure!!! They just want a quiet life and get out of the situation.

I have been trying to liaise with professional debt agencies about a very similar situation but they keep you on hold for over an hour, then go through all the income and expenditure and then you never quite get to the point that you called them about. That's not independent advice, it gets us no where.

I'm sorry you have gone through this experience and hope you can draw a line under it and move forward.

I know exactly what you mean - I spoke to two charities yesterday both of which struggled to understand the complexity of the situation and the legalities.

I had to basically listen to the police as I was at risk of being arrested. I sat in the car, the agent rang the police and had them tell me what he was doing was legal. They aren’t the experts but I’d rather not thrown in the cells overnight. 

• Sad 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Car Clamped 9:40pm / Return of Goods Order Motonovo/DG Collections