Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Popla Appeal Rejected - Asda Hindley, Wigan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I've just had a POPLA appeal rejected.

I parked over my time on a parking eye car park, and I do it all the time, because I have permission from Asda that use the car park to do so, as there is a chapel at the back of the car park. I've done this for years, in my old vehicle, visiting Asda just once with my car reg and never getting a ticket over about 18 months of visits. I get a new car, visit Asda with my new reg details and don't get a ticket the first time... then the 2nd time I park there in the new car I get a ticket... they have rejected my appeal saying I have to go into Asda with my reg on every visit.

The signage just says to speak to staff if I want to go over the time, which I thought I had done as I can prove by that first time I parked there in that car. No one else I use the chapel with goes into Asda on every visit, and with my last vehicle I went into Asda just once, there's nothing on the sign that says go in every time. They say they can't take into account other times and dates and vehicles, just this one.

What are my chances of being taken to court if I ignore it?

Thanks for any help!

please complete this:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:yo:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

bailiffs ...where's that load of twaddle come from??

can we have the Q&A done in post 3

and they

3 hours ago, mrslibrarian said:

Would they send bailiffs before they try to take me to court?

Bailiffs can only be involved

- after someone has been taken to court

- and they have then lost the court case

- and have continued to refuse to pay.

Even then IIRC the figure has to be over a certain amount, much more than in your case.

Don't worry about non-existent threats.  Fleecers like PE rely on motorists being scared when they have no reason to be and so coughing up money that they don't owe.   

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Awesome, bailiffs was really my main question. I had bailiffs for a speeding fine before because I hadn't changed my address on my car reg documents (which is really bad I know), I didn't know I'd been clocked because it went to my old address, so they traced linked addresses and sent a scary man around. I would hate for that to happen again.

I should probably phone Asda rather than wait until I'm next there. Just travelling for work at the moment, I'll get those details to you asap. Thanks so far everyone.

Edited by mrslibrarian

1 Date of the infringement 22/06/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 26/06/2019

3 Date received around 28th June 19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] yes, appealed on the grounds I mentioned above

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up yes, mentioned above, I have to go into Asda each time, the sign just says 'speak to staff' not every time, no one else goes in every time

7 Who is the parking company? Parking eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Asda Hindley, Wigan

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

I spoke to Asda and they have a new manager who knows nothing about it and he has no list of car registrations.

So if I'm the only chapel user with a ticket, then Parking Eye must have the actual list of car regs to make sure no one else got one, and I've suddenly dropped off it.

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Popla Appeal Rejected - Asda Hindley, Wigan

That's right, PE will have the "white list" but it's up to Asda to give them your car details and ask them to add it (they should be removing your old car reg too). The store manager should be able to ring PE (or email - whatever their usual communications route is), ask them if they have your old car reg on their white list and when they confirm, ask them to change it for your new car reg (and get the outstanding charge cancelled while they are at it!).

Yes that must have been what they did the first time in the new car. The new Asda manager was unfortunately quite rude about it and has asked me to send someone from the chapel in to explain why we all need to park there anyway, so it doesn't look like he's going to be changing that PE whitelist for me anytime soon.

Parking Eye being litigious greedy gits will issue a Claimform.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think you're a way from court papers at this stage, but it is PE we're talking about.

Usually there's a letter trail from the PPC who resort to scary red font in an effort to frighten you. After that, it could be debt collectors who are powerless. At some stage there could be a Letter Before Claim which we'll tell you how to deal with.

If you get correspondence that worries you, the best thing is to check back here with us.

Have you read other Parking Lie threads to understand how they operate?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes  they will send a Letter before Action first, if they do post it up here as a PDF.

but follow the advice to go to area office or higher of ASDA, and you could trash them on Social media. Find out exactly what relationship, and arrangements the Chapel have with ADSA regarding others who park from there.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

who says you have to pay anything!

and they

Follow the advice and get onto ASDA head office. the store manager has dozens of peopel they have to answer to so that was just a ruse to put you off trying to complain higher up the chain. Group managers, Area managers, regional managers and then headquarters.

Supermarkets put a lot of momey into staffing as they want you to shop there rather than elsewhere. i have a near neighbour who wroks for a supermarket looking at weather reports as they can determine demand for many different goods as well as predicting footfall.

ther migh be only a few people who attend chapel who would shop there but a mention in a sermon about them for good or bad can make a difference Telling head office how nice Asda used to be until this incident and how you wish it were back to what it was a few weeks ago will make the think.