rent over payment - issued a claimform - Statute Barred?

simeon1964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not confused just wanted to know the details of the consent and if it was connected in anyway.....and how that would impact on any statement of claim if you wished to proceed.

Is the claim currently stayed ?   or are you still within your 33 days to respond ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Court response ?  Have you submitted your Directions Questionnaire ? 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

What defence ?...you dont have to submit a defence to their defence...you simply inform CCBC that you wish to proceed.

9H Proceeding with a defended case

If you would like to proceed with your claim upon receipt of a paid, full or part defence you
must notify the court by following the directions enclosed with the copy of the defendant’s
response. If you have been sent a questionnaire to complete this must be returned by the date
specified. Failure to do so may result in your claim being struck out. If there is a fee to pay you
may send a cheque or postal order made payable to HMCTS with the questionnaire.
Alternatively you may pay by card over the telephone between the hours of 9.30am – 3.30pm
Monday to Friday and submit your questionnaire via email to [email protected] For
information on the fees payable you can download booklet EX50 from
www.justice.gov.uk/forms

Right so you didn't tick the separate particulars of claim box....and now requesting permission to serve them. Also you will have to serve  a certificate of service  N215. 

There is no need to amend the particulars of claim with argument of  Section 32 Limitation Act 1980...that follows in your response after allocation within your statement of response and statement in support (witness statement)

Serving Additional Particulars of Claim

If during step 5 of issuing the claim you state that you will serve additional Particulars of Claim,
you must send the additional particulars to the defendant(s) within 14 days of your
claim being issued. You should also send a covering letter to the defendant clearly advising
that these are the extra particulars referred to in your claim form and quote the claim number.
You must file an ‘N215 Certificate of Service’ with the court within 14 days of the claim being
issued. The certificate of service confirms to the court that you have sent the documents to the
defendant. The certificate can be filed by post or preferably by email to
[email protected]. Please include the claim number in the subject line of the email. A
blank N215 can be downloaded from www.justice.gov.uk/forms.
The second page of the N215 explains how to calculate the ‘date of service’. Please note if
the date of service is different to that of the claim form, then you should consider the
later date to be the date of service for the claim. For further information please see Civil
Procedure Rule 7E.6 at: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedurerules/
civil/rules/pd_part07e

Andy

Already advised above...that comes later in your statement of response (witness statement ) after allocation.

• 3 weeks later...

please follow the link to hearing fees

Sorry, I see that I've posted your link to the claim fee rather than the hearing fee. I will have a hunt around for the hearing fees but maybe if you find where they are on the County Court website, maybe you could post it for us here.

Where on the N180 does it request a fee...?  Hearing fees are paid after allocation when advised in the Notice of Allocation N157.

• dx100uk changed the title to rent over payment - issued a claimform - Statute Barred?

Why are you replying ? Save it for your statement when advised to by the court within your Notice of Allocation and directions by the court .

Yes you should be open to any mediation...which should be facilitated by the court mediation services...did you opt for mediation when submitting your Directions Questionnaire N180 ?

Then let the court mediation services deal with any mediation..at the appropriate stage...dont go off trying to do it on your own.

Court Mediation is conducted vis a teleconference not face to face and done officially and agreed and witnessed by the Court Mediators...for your own protection...but if you wish to conduct it on your own terms thats your prerogative... if it goes pear shaped you only have yourself to blame.