Excel Windscreen PCN Claimform - Parked in a disabled space - MIDDLESBROUGH LIESURE PARK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

show us the new pictures and indicate where they are by giving us the EXACT address. you will need to get screenshots of google earth and streetview to help your defence and make a simple line drawn map as well.

You throw in pictures of the kitchen sink as well if you can find case law on stainless steel and parking,

the fact that these signs weren't on your route is irrelevant,

they are relying on signs you didnt see and it is your duty to look for them if you have been warned from the outset.

Now that is a matter for argument about quality and content of the offer of a parking contract but dont hamstring yourself

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just received Excel's witness statement. It's a doorstop. I've read through it once as a skim and again slighty more in depth. There is a lot they probably re-use over and over. The post pictures taken around the car park. These are poor quality. They show signs but not the detail of what is on them.

It also shows a picture of a notice tucked under my windscreen wiper which I never actually got Perhaps it blew away

we'll need to see everything sadly inc exhibits

scan it all up in ONE multipage PDF

read upload carefully

well done on holding off yours

you can now use it to rip theirs apart item by item.

and you've got till the 2nd march? to do it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol:

we don't need to see each exhibits cover sheet, nor any full printouts of any cases they refer too, if that helps??

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m attaching the Exel witness statement. A few things occur to me:

They seem to be claiming that I failed/refused to inform them of the driver of the vehicle. I do not recollect and no see no evidence of them having asked for this info

They accuse me of being non communicative. I know I can’t use this as a defence but my experience is that there is no point in communicating with these dudes of submitting any mitigating factors

The images of the “disabled” bay including ones with my car in it are different to how they are now. They have added extra signs. On the evening in question there were none

Their own pictures are of their signs are crap. The wording can not be read. There is no clear indication of where each sign is. 

I still think my strongest defence is that the perfectly reasonable route my car took presented no signs to the driver whatosever. 

They mention the “authority” to erect signs but make no mention of planning permission

sorry removed

you MUST remove all ref numbers 

claim numbers 

and numbers around the outside of pages

please try again.

dx

and they

its on everyone of your 1st 4 pages! and page 1 of the WS atleast

they purposefully put the edge numbers on the rest so they can find you on forums as simon appears to be getting rather annoyed with CAG

and they

Their NTK's fail to fulfil the protocols of the pOFA so they cnat create a keeper liability and they use this statement that you refused to name the driver in an attemot to get bits of case law that dont apply considered.

When this is challenged they lose that argument but many judges dont understand that the POFA HAS to be obeyed in all of its parts to allow the parking co to create ANY liability and not just keeper liability.

The problem Excel have is that by failing to do so they ahve broken the law in obtaining your keeper details.

sadly this isnt a matter for this hearing but worth a mention of you ahve found other lies in their WS as it places a weightng to the evidence.

Now to look at their statement.

point 8

they have a contract with a managing agent, not the landowner. they need to prove there is a chain of authority that allows them to enter into contract with the public and to make civil claims in their own name. this is very different to just a managemnt contract where all of the risk still belongs to the landowner.

Again, judges often accept that such authority exists without any proof of such a chain of authority so you need to look at old cases where this was a deciding factor (Parking prankster blog)

point 10

suggest that they monitor someone elses conditions not create their own so again sight of what the landowner told them they can and cant do will decide so you ask for this as no right to make their own rules exist if this popijt is true

point 42

that is only part of the purpose of the POFA,

it also states what a parking co has to do to create a contract and allow them to make a demand by claiming a liability exists between teh 2 parties.

they have deliberately not included the part in their following points that only the amount invoiced on the NTK is applicable to the keeper as the contract and thus any extra charges brought to the drivers attention by way of that contract are not applicable to a keeper laibility if one is created and then used to enforce the debt.

that means that point 76 cannot apply  as they dotn know who the driver was and have made this clear in their WS so only the original £100 could ever be subject to a civil claim.

Judges have also decided that open ended contracts that are vague in their wording and purpose are not binding . Again look up relevant cases on the Parking Pranksters blog

The big sign they say is at the entrance is not an offer of a contract but an invitation to treat. thsi menas you can enter and park and not have to read or consider the other signs there if you dotn want to. Other terms are unfair unenforceable and so amke the entire contract void under the CRA 2015, (s62) if you do not wish to be bound by them.

Courts have also decided that the rubbish paint job seen in their evidenec doesnt define a disabled parking bay and each disabled bay will require its own blue and white sign. No evidence of that here. again look up a case, there is one from less than 2 yeras ago in this section of CAG

Hope this is of help to you

Thank you. All good stuff but sorry to be obtuse - what is NTK and POFA

The photos show very little marking on the “disabled” bay. If you visit now they have made it much more prominent  and put blue signs up. As if they’ve been stung by this before

11 minutes ago, Stevie_T said:

Thank you. All good stuff but sorry to be obtuse - what is NTK and POFA

I think I found it NTK - need to know ?? Is that right

POFA - Protection Of Freedoms Act. - am I right

Edited by Stevie_T
Failed to give thanks - oops - rude

and they

You have had 5 months to do your homework on this, I hope that you have pictures iof the bays as they were to use in evidence. If you avet then you will have to play judge lottery unless you can idg up somehting else. Now what about planning permission for the signage etc?

Their own pictures show how the bays were at the time I parked there including the one with my car in shot. When they began this process and I returned to take pictures there was a new paint job and signs had been erected. I have not made any inroads into the planning permission issue. I'll set some time asside tomorrow to work on this

Attached is the first draft of my Witness statement. I have more to add but I wanted to offer it up for comment now. I'm going to UP another one of things I'm not sure whether to include or not and I'd like a second oppinion

witness-statement-draft1.pdf

On reflection, I wonder if should have laid out the images to follow the text that they illustrate rather than collect them all at the end

I'm going to attach a PDF containing additional info and images I am not sure whether to include in my WS or not

INFO TO CAG.pdf

images do NOT go into you WS text

your REF what exhibit number you are referring too

and bundle them at the end with a cover sheet for each.

exhibit A1 a2 a3 etc.

and they

your 1 is crap english ... reword it.
2 remove 'and as' the claimant
3 they have in their NTK.
4 is in the wrong place.

i'll do the rest laTER internet is crap due to winds here.

dx

and they

:rockon:

scroll up to 

ericsbrother post of February 10 

a good start.

dx

and they

On 17/02/2020 at 23:49, dx100uk said:

>>your 1 is crap english ... reword it.

Reworded ......

1.      The defendant is the keeper of the vehicle [REGISTRATION NUMBER]. On [ DATE] the claimant issued a charge notice claiming that the vehicle was parked in a manner that breached a unilateral contract offered by way of signage at the car park situated at Middlesbrough Leisure Park.

>>>2 remove 'and as' the claimant

Removed and reworded......

2.      The defendant denies being the driver at the time. The claimant has failed to follow the protocols of the POFA. There is no keeper liability in this matter.

perhaps this is the point at which I I should intruduce the NTK and POFA arguments  suggested by ericsbrother

>>>3 they have in their NTK.

OK -I have deleted this section

>>4 is in the wrong place.

where should it go? Later on I introduce another judgement about signage