• Tweets

• Couple of things to point out. Council won't be interested in dog's poo in the caravan as it is private property.  At best the h&s department would take a statement and pictures and if it happened again they would act.   As the devil's advocate I would ask: 1. If you were so distressed to ask £4k compensation as suggested,  why did you stay for the full length of the holiday? Is it because your complaint was addressed and caravan cleaned? 2. Bed bugs? Where are the evidence? Couldn't it be another insect's bite? Most of the world population occasionally wakes up to a sore bite from unknown insects.  This can happen anywhere,  even in your house. Hands up if you have never experienced a mosquito bite in your house. 3. Manager took ownership of the problem immediately and fixed the faults. What else could he do? Move you from a caravan site to a 5 star presidential suite? Did you ask for this in writing there and then or you accepted the fix? 4. They offered £500 compensation. That's more than a quarter of the cost of the holiday. I don't think a judge would find that unreasonable.  5. Unfortunately the law doesn't act on ifs, so if something doesn't happen you won't get much interest. IF your boy had eaten the poo, the claim could have escalated by a large margin, but you, as a responsible parent, prevented this and nothing happened to your boy who went on to have a jolly good time. So unfortunately you can't claim for something that didn't happen.  To better understand this, think about a window cleaner leaving his ladder resting on a wall. IF the wind blows it on my car i could claim damage, but not before it happens.   So, my approach would be more pragmatic, by all means ask for more and see what happens, but £500 it's already a good offer in my opinion.    For future reference, whenever i go to holiday parks, caravan sites etc., first thing I do is to clean the lot. It takes an hour or so, but then i'm sure that i won't get any problems from hidden bacteria or other nasty surprises.  I know it shouldn't be this way, but it is. Us, the consumer,  have pushed for cheaper and cheaper prices and this is the result. We need to adapt unfortunately or we would be in court every day. Then there would be no time for holidays.
    • Hi, Last payments were around 2009. The last time any sort of letter showed up was about 3 years ago to my knowledge but only received by me a year after it was written as hung onto by my sister.    I haven't managed to open a bank account yet but made progress in what they required so will try this week.    Thanks for responding. At the time maybe I should have gone bankrupt in hindsight but before I left it pretty much all stopped after asking for the SAR' s. I had settled what I could prior to that.  Then after a big gap I started to get random debt agencies picking up on a few, irrespective of saying there were outstanding SAR requests they came and went and I did inform them where I was living overseas which is why Amex went for the RMA and then suddenly stopped.    You are of course right about running away. Seriously the whole thing gave me real depression which is something I only thought happened to other people. It has taken me all this time to get back to a place where I think I can take a deep breath and deal with it both for my sake and my mum.    I will keep a log. What happens might prove relevant to others and I can't see anyone else has kept one although a lot of people seem to have similar stories.    Thanks again        
    • Just make sure the Blue badge is visible in the car so the JBW bailiff can see it, otherwise he might clamp to put pressure on you.
    • Let them spout and don't tell them that you have recorded the call until its nearly ended and you have said you are logging date and time of all calls as they are in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997    Prohibition of harassment. (1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct— (a)which amounts to harassment of another, and (b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other. [F1(1A)A person must not pursue a course of conduct — (a)which involves harassment of two or more persons, and (b)which he knows or ought to know involves harassment of those persons, and (c)by which he intends to persuade any person (whether or not one of those mentioned above)— (i)not to do something that he is entitled or required to do, or (ii)to do something that he is not under any obligation to do.]
    • It wasn’t recorded as to be honest, I was caught a little off guard however they are calling on a daily basis so I’ll make a point of recording the next one!   there won’t be any crumbling here. I’ve just been reading through the history of this to jog my memory on some of the events and it’s reminded me just how pathetic they are as a business. I fully intend to waste as much of their time and hopefully money as possible. 
  • Our picks

flyingblind31

Received a PAP from Moriarty Law

Good morning all,

I have received a PAP from Moriarty Law.

I have been approached by IDRWW and CWD in the past, but they all went quiet once I sent them a budget summary as per the guidance of the national debt helpline. .

After reading though this forum, I now realise that this may have been a mistake.

After receiving the PAP from ML, with little understanding, I also sent them a budget summary, but now I realise that this isn't the correct way to handle them.

What shall I do now going forward?

Should a reply using the guidance supplied by @dx100uk

Any help would be much appreciated, as this is now creating a lot of stress and anxiety.

What type of debt e.g. credit card, mortgage, current account overdraft ?

When did you last make any repayments approx. ?

Did you acknowledge owing the debt in any written communications to IDRWW/CWD or ML ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi @unclebulgaria67

Thank you for the response.

It is a combination of a loans and credit cards and a payment hasn't been made since March 2015.

To the best of my recollection, I have never formally acknowledged the debt, especially not the outrageous interest, in a written form but I have spoken to them over the phone in the past.

I now know that this isn't ideal, but even on the phone, I dont actually remember acknowledging the debt.

Up till now, I have always followed the guidance of the national debt helpline and other debt help companies, one of which, told me to go into an IVA.

god some of these debt advice charities need shooting...

when did you get this PAP LOC

and you replied to it with their reply form or by any other letter?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I received the PAP few weeks ago but our most recent correspondence was yesterday via email and telephone (before seeing your forum). After reviewing my budget summary, they wanted a list of my assets (I only have my house, which is under mortgage) and 3 months bank statements. I told them that I wanted to go and seek guidance before committing anything else. They said fine and that the 30 days would restart then. (yesterday - 10th Oct)

I haven't sent anything back in regards to the original PAP. 

Edited by flyingblind31

Then imho follow our guide as post 5 there

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thank you for your advice, it is very much appreciated. I will keep you posted on any developments. 

Edited by flyingblind31

Sorry if this is a really stupid question.

Do I need to add this statement to section I as well?

"Any and All other statutes of law, be them UK or otherwise, that the claimant intends to rely upon should they wish to  proceed and issue a uk Court Claim"

Thank you in advance..

post 5

spreadsheets 

Thank you. I have followed your guidance and prepared my response. What I meant was, does this statement need to be added onto the reply.

"Any and All other statutes of law, be them UK or otherwise, that the claimant intends to rely upon should they wish to  proceed and issue a uk Court Claim"

Sorry for being a pain, I'm just not clued up at all in such matters.

its in out pap reply for these debts

spreadsheets