Pothole damage to alloy wheel.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, was driving along a town centre road at at the last minute spotted a huge pothole and attempted to swerve to avoid. The front wheels missed the pothole but my rear wheel rim took the full impact of the pothole and lost a chunk of the alloy. ☹️

I then changed the wheel to my spare and drove home very annoyed and reported the pothole online to my local roads authority.

So I'm now sitting with an alloy that appears kaput and a tyre no longer staying inflated and I'm peeved that I have just spent £250 to tax my car and feel my roads authority owe me a new wheel. 😬

I will try and upload a picture or two and would appreciate your invaluable input as to how I seek justice?

IMG_20190909_173935.jpg

The ‘good’ news is that it has been marked up fairly recently, certainly after they tried to repair it before. So the council know it exists. There is usually some contact details on the website for the local council to put in your complaint. 

That wheel is gone and I would expect the tyre will be damaged internally. So the claim should be wheel and probably two tyres to ensure that axle pair remains the same. 

Edit: probably alignment too if it was sting enough to break the wheel
Edited by CraigMcK
Note

Hi Craig, thanks for the quick reply, I have notified the roads authority through the online system as soon as I got home and got a reference code. My worry is that there are markings around the hole and one even has a "Gas" label on it, my worry is that the markings negate the roads/infrastructure authority, .... Or am I wrong?

I understood they are responsible as it’s one of they approved contractors who marked the road. I would expect them to chaise the culprit if they think they are in the clear. 

The yellow low paint has been added after the last attempt, usual quality workmanship lasts a few weeks and they are back to square one. There is a perennial one near me, must have been filled 5 or 6 times this year!  This is what we pay our taxes for

• Like 1