mahharg

2 old Barclay Loans

Hi all

I am on a payment arrangement with barclays for 2 outstanding loans.  Everything was going along fine until my default dropped off after 6 years. (current outstanding £13000 -  paying £180 a month).  This has left my credit file squeaky clean for the first time in about 15 years.

Suddenly the bank decided to assign one of the loans to a DCA (Moorcroft then Arvato) and keep one in house.  I wasn't happy and complained stating that they are simply making things difficult and I will not be dealing with different companies. 

I was informed that they were calling the loan back from Moorcroft, then instantly it was assigned to Arvato.  I phoned Arvato explaining that I have an ongoing complaint and won't be communicating with anybody until the complaint has been exhausted.  They were very understanding and said they would send it back to Barclays.

I've spoken to complaints and informed them that my father is offering up to £6000 to clear the debt, so I can clear the debt and use my right to buy my council flat thus someting for my children (don't live with me) when they are older.

Complaints said they can't decide on this and it is up to recoveries team.  I stated that I need to do something to help my children's future and if a settlement figure can't be reached, I would up the child maintenance payments so that some could be put in a child ISA account for them to give them a head start in life.  I pointed out that there would be hardly anything left.

The question I'm asking is,  can they stop me paying extra child maintenance for this purpose or am I entitled to pay what I like?

It's not my children's fault that I got myself in this situation and with the price of property and low wages, I feel obligated to help them.

thank you for reading

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

eh? been here +10yrs and you still insist on ringing powerless DCA's...amazing.

cant see how Barclays are stopping you doing what you like with your money...

are these still affecting your credit rating then?

what's stopping the right to buy?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

hi dx100uk 

Long time no chat lol. 

I'm not afraid of talking to tDCA'S, they don't worry me.  I was just putting them straight.  i actually find it quite satisfying when they realise that I'm no push over.

Barclays aren't stopping me....yet. 

Just wondering if after looking at my income/expenditure (required before settlement figure is considered apparently) they can say I'm paying too much in child maintenance if it went to court. 

I'd rather pay for my children's future than them..  mucked me about too many times in the past.

I understand that to get a mortgage you have to declare any outstanding debts. 

Even though they're not on credit file.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

last comment is not true

what they can't see on your credit file cant hurt them.

and these debts don't show having been defaulted +6yrs ago.

and can't comeback either.

well atleast record your calls

as if things turn legal you have no papertrail.

Barclays don't do court.

they'd sell the debt on 

even if you do an F&F.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks DX. Good to know about last comment. 

I would never pay full and final without written confirmation stating it won't be assigned or sold to anyone else.  

Read to many cases on here. 

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

I've spoken (yeah I know I shouldn't).  But I only confirm things when I have it in writing only. 

I have 2 loans with Barclays and 1 with Arvato (assigned by barclays)

Arvato agreed to 50% settlement.  A letter is being sent out to me confirming full and final settlement and that it won't be passed on to anyone else after I pay.

Barclays have been offered 50%, now I'm waiting for decision.

This is exactly what I would have wanted and tbh, just as I thought, DCA's seem a lot easier to get a settlement figure.  

If I hadn't spoken to them, I would never have known that they would accept 50% settlement. 

I know the advise on here is everything in writing.  This is true for proof and confirmation however I see nothing wrong with speaking beforehand, as long as things are agreed only in principle until it what was agreed is supplied in writing.

This is just my opinion.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

tbh unless you get written ack from Barclays that the arvato deal is ok with them too, I would not trust a dca.

dx

spreadsheets 

Really?  I was advised by barclays to speak to Arvato regarding a f&f settlement.  If I get the correct written confirmation from them, I would have thought that would be enough.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

IMHO NO.

get it in writing from Barclays too.

ideally you should NEVER deal with a DCA if their client is the original creditor.

seen too too many supposed F&F's to DCA's and the OC never knew a thing about it.

and ofcourse they get a cut which funds their business of harassing other people too.

spreadsheets 

Isn't the letter of assignment enough? 

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim 

well im belt and braces.

you've been here since 2006 and still persist in giving a dca some kind of magical powers by using them as a third party.

but if it gets the result..

spreadsheets 

Hi

I've got confirmation from Barclays that I should contact Arvato DCA for any full and final settlement relating to my account.  I have now got a letter from Arvato stating;

We confirm that our client (Barclays) will accept £x in full and final settlemt of this account.

It then goes on to give details of how to pay.

Is that enough or should I insist that Arvato send another letter confirming the remaing balance will not be passed to anyone else to pursue.

This f & f would be the best thing that could ever happen to me.  I would finally be debt free for the first time in over £25 years.

I don't want to pass up this chance

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Nationwide - won claim