You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

hightail

Who needs to tax a car if owner and RK are different?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 271 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Question's all in the title really.  Further detail - my father has stopped driving and I'm registering his car to me as RK so I can insure it in my name.  I've always been a named driver on his insurance but there's no point him insuring it any more just to put me down as the driver.

So who should tax it?  If I were buying the car it's me the minute I buy it but as he wants to retain ownership (presumably to leave it to a favurite grandchild in his will or something) am I still obligated to tax it the moment I change to RK?

Edited by hightail

as long as its taxed it doesn't matter

but as you have to show ins to get road tax it would now be you ...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Ownership is irrelevant, it is the registered keeper that is responsible for licensing the vehicle. At the change of registered keeper, when the DVLA process the change, any current licence is cancelled and any refund due sent to the old registered keeper, and the vehicle will be unlicensed until the new registered keeper takes out a licence.

Thanks for the replies.  We were going to post the reg doc off today just to shift a bit of admin and then remembered about the road tax angle.  Makes sense for me to wait a couple of weeks before sending in the change of registration when the current insurance runs out and I insure it in my name.