two welcome finance loans

toshyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the meantime, while you are waiting for the debt agencies to respond to your letters, get proof from the bank that regular payments have been made via standing order to the **** you set up a plan with originally. You may also like to alert trading standards about the situation. You may, in time, need their help.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I've received responses and this now gets very confusing. It turns out that mckenzie hall are chasing me for a separate Welcome loan.

I had 2 welcome loans, lets call them loans A & B.

I have been paying instalments to Lewis Debt Recovery (2 years) and UK Search (6 months) on these .

Stupidly i just presumed I was paying Lewis loan A and Uk search loan B.

It turns out I have been paying Lewis and UK Search both for loan A (they assigned 2 debt collectors) and loan B has just been sat doing nothing until McKenzie got involved.

The guy at Welcome stated I shouldnt have gone to two collectors for 1 debt and it looks like the wrong reference number was given on the 2nd instruction.

He told me to just stop paying Lewis on Debt A and continue paying UK Search.

He then advised me to sort out debt B with McKenzie as he couldnt agree to my repayment proposal as it is minimal.

Getting really stressed about it now as I'm going to have to go through the process of fighting to get my instalments agreed with MH as I have with all the other creditors from my failed IVA.

I just know they will reject my payment proposals.

Can anyone off any advise to me on this messed up situation?

Thanks

So you can record your phone calls yes?

If not, why did you speak to them over the phone? The advice regarding NOT to speak to them over the phone is for your protection, unlike them, this advice is not read from a script..

Ignore EVERYTHING you have been told over the phone by any of the DCA's you spoke too, they are not in their chosen careers to help people in the time of need, they are going to mug you off abuse your lack of knowledge, and do their damnedest to get all of your money regardless.

It is a very good idea to collate all of the information you have regarding both of these loans, how are you paying this money? Check your bank statements and work out exactly how much you have paid to Lewis.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka I probably shouldnt have phoned to be honest but I got a letter from MH asking me to call them.

I've got statements online going back over 2 years so working out what ive paid shouldnt be a problem.

Welcome said over the phone they have received monies from Lewis and UK Search but both against the same account

Not sure what to do next really in relation to MH as nothing has been going off this account

I'm going to be writing a letter of complaint to Welcome and the OFT with regards to sending me to 2 DCA's for "Loan A"

Its "Loan B" that concerns me now as that has only been with MH and there is no valid query on it, now I know where my payments have been going.

What will happen if I completely ignore them?

Would they not issue or recommend Welcome issue?

I was going to CCA them to see what if any info they had from Welcome???

• 1 month later...

I only got a one page copy of the signed credit agreement form after sending the below CCA request.

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

dunno if it matters but the postal order was returned about a week ago before i received the agreement.

I did send MH a letter in Feb informing them of query.

Heard no more till they chased me again is aug ( when i started this thread) though and said Welcome told them to press ahead as they had no payments or queries.

I have since written to Welcome regarding the complaint as advised on here, but not received a reply.

That was about 6 weeks ago and Welcome did say complaints can take 8 weeks to look into

. I havent re written to MH aside from CCA request above