• Tweets

• The time to sue / ask for rent reduction started when you became aware of the issue (that is 10 years ago). You are absolutely unable to claim for anything for more than 6 years ago, as it is 'statute barred'.   As for claiming anything within the last 6 years, if you have left it this long, expect the LL to claim that you accepted the error. If you wished to claim, you should have done so well before now. Expect them to claim that you accepted it, and are onl;y now claiming different as a result of their claim. You'd then have to persuade a judge otherwise.
    • @Bean192 may be worth leaving an honest review once this is all sorted;   https://www.allagents.co.uk/coolcribscouk/
    • Update. The ASB team have categorically said they want to send a letter to the idiot saying... you are upsetting your neighbor, please come in to talk about this, we need to tell you we have no power to do anything about this though... WTAF?   They also said my only option to stop idiot parking and obstructing our kerb is to park our other car outside idiots property 🤔 because the car is now not obstructing enough to get a ticket and not breaking any law! Even though it's obviously being done to cause annoyance.   Just seems beyond belief!
    • Ok, quick update on this.  Mediation didn't happen - mainly because I missed the deadline for agreeing to the date - I didn't realise the deadline was quite so tight - and I had been away for the weekend and not reading my emails - anyway - although it was bad to not formally respond, it didn't really make too much difference because due to the lack of viable evidence provided by the claimant, mediation would have been pointless.   So I've been waiting to head what court date has been allocated to my case. However, instead I received a "General Directions or Order" letter.    Sorry - I meant to bring it in (to where I'm writing this).....but basically the gist of it was that the claimant had 14 days to respond providing evidence e.g. signed credit agreement etc. - and then I had 14 days after that to respond stating whether I accepted that evidence and whether I wanted to withdraw defence.    The letter was sent around the beginning of the month - therefore their 14 days are more or less up - I haven't heard anything - albeit, I need to factor in postage times - but surely this means my 14 days are not really 14 days....but more a case of the time left before the end of October and when or if I get anything from the court of the claimant with their evidence.   My question really is:    Is it a stupid question - but I cannot really do anything until I receive anything - at the moment, the court won't know what they've sent me (in response to my CCA request) - i.e. the poorly presented application form - meaningless statements - no clear signed credit agreement etc. - so this step is basically the court asking whether there is enough evidence in order to allocate a court date?   I'm assuming I should get a copy of whatever the claimant provides to the court?   Many thanks  
    • hello again, do you think this witness statement better suits my needs witness 2.pdf
  • Our picks

jammin88

Welcome Finance Secured Loan - £8k, 15 Years @ 17.4%

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can advise.  I'm unsure if there's anything to claim here, but I'm .. annoyed.. to say the least with Welcome Finance!

I've only recently found out, but my partner had a loan with Welcome which she took out back in January 2008.  It's now cleared as of Jan 2016 - hence why it's only just come to light in conversation!

She borrowed £8,000 against her house - a little unsure of how it was specifically sold, but she's confident it was through some kind of broker/agent.

It was a bit of a crap time in her life... she was borrowing the cash to "buy out" her ex-partner at the time from their joint house.  This being despite the fact that she had put in the £5k or so deposit to buy the house on a 95% interest-only mortgage, and the property was in negative equity.

The rate was a whopping 17.4% APR, minimum duration according to the statement I have in front of me was 180 months.  To me, this seems astronomical for a loan secured on property....

After a few years (realising perhaps this was not the best loan in the world!) she upped her repayments and eventually cleared the balance early in Jan 2016 - Phew...

Whilst I'd consider myself pretty financially savvy (as would my partner... now...!) I'm not too sure on the world of mis-selling claims. 

To me, this seems like a case of mis-selling?

She was young, financially naive and going through a tough personal patch. 

The APR on the loan was surely excessive for a secured product, and as she was already in negative equity, borrowing against the house seems bizarre - throwing good money after bad?

She's pretty confident she didn't have PPI (she says when she arranged the over-payments she ensured there were no "extras" added onto the monthly payments) - but I appreciate we're now past the deadline on that anyway...

Are we barking up the wrong tree?

Should we let sleeping dogs lie and write this one off to experience, or is there some room for investigation here?

If so, what's the first step?

17.65% is their std rate for that period.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

hope of what?

welcome sold some 150'000 loans in that period

no-one has ever questioned irresponsible lending to date

and its too late for PPI.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Alright alright, was only asking...!

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by jammin88