Pinksquid

Charging Order

Would anyone be able to offer some advice please.

I have an Interim Charging order placed on my property by means of a restriction from Bank of Scotland - it relates to a Halifax CC going back to 2004.The order was placed in 2008. they have never chased the debt in all these years.

My ex partner is now looking at declaring bankruptcy so I desperately need to get him off my mortgage.My current mortgage lender is no longer offering refinance. So I have had a mortgage accepted with nationwide in my own name BUT i have to get the charging order removed.

I have contacted Halifax and am being passed from dept to dept (as the debt is so old nobody can tell me anything) after around 3 hours on Friday I finally spoke to someone who located my account, they inform me they have sold the debt to Link Financial, I am yet to hear from Link.

Land Reg tell me only the interested party (Bank of Scotland) can get the order removed so my worry is even if i pay link I could still be stuck with the CO- any advice would be so greatly appreciated

I am desperate as my ex left me over 12 years ago and I have kept the mortgage going in my own right I don't want to risk losing it because of his bankruptcy.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

If we could clarify a few points first ......why have you posted this in the MBNA Forum ?

RBS are not Connected to Halifax..do you mean Bank of Scotland. ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so nothing to do with HBOS.

who's name is on the registry entry, sounds like a restriction k too, so no-one needs paying?

moved to legals

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sorry new to all this so apologies if wrong forum. Yes bank of Scotland have placed restriction. I have to pay to get it removed but BOS have sold to link. But link are not on the CO So I’m scared that if I pay I still won’t be able to get it removed 

if the mortgage and the home were/are owned in joint names and this debt is a restriction k only in your name, i'm wondering whom is actually insisting it must be settled for a remortage with a differing lender?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Nationwide solicitor states the order needs to removed 

Only unsecured debts are included and written off in Bankruptcy. A Charging Order turns an unsecured debt into a secured debt and as such once one has been issued the associated debt cannot be included in bankruptcy.

I would leave it as is..no need to remortgage

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Would anyone be able to offer some advice please.

I have an Interim Charging order placed on my property by means of a restriction from Bank of Scotland - it relates to a  Halifax CC going back to 2004.The order was placed in 2008. they have never chased the debt in all these years.

My ex partner is now looking at declaring bankruptcy so I desperately need to get him off my  mortgage.My current  mortgage lender is no longer offering refinance. So I have had a mortgage accepted with nationwide in my own name BUT i have to get the charging order removed.

I have contacted  Halifax and am being passed from dept to dept (as the debt is so old nobody can tell me anything) after around 3 hours on Friday I finally spoke to someone who located my account, they inform me they have sold the debt to Link Financial, I am yet to hear from Link.

Land Reg tell me only the interested party (Bank of Scotland) can get the order removed so my worry is even if i pay link I could still be stuck with the CO- any advice would be so greatly appreciated

I am desperate as my ex left me over 12 years ago and I have kept the  mortgage going in my own right I don't want to risk losing it because of his  bankruptcy.

why have you started a new thread

you already have the answers above

threads merged

dx

spreadsheets