• Tweets

• First of all welcome to the Forum. Do not worry about Drips+ -a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them. It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver. You have lost the protection of POF A but it is not a fatal. Please do not even think of paying a penny. The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried ( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.I One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up. Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.
    • HI   You took possession of the Property in 2010 but when did you end the Tenancy Agreement?   Did you give them the required Notice to end your Tenancy?   You mention you paid a Deposit in 2010, was this returned when you ended the Tenancy?   You need to know exactly what they are claiming money owed is for and surprised that solicitors letter does not mention this.   Send the Landlord a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA'  (ensure to send a copy to the Solicitor acting for them as well. 
    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
  • Our picks

Sonicdawg

TV licensing overcharge refund ?

Hi, just joined the site and a little unsure where to post my ...post.

its to do with tv licensing refunds so any pointers gratefully received before I put my foot in it.👍

TV licence refund rules are not that straightforward.  They are designed to ensure that people don't receive a refund.

What is your issue ?

Have you read the refund rules on the TV licencing website ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi , Thanks for reply,

issue is my wife discovered we’d been paying double the amount every 2 weeks for approx the last ten years.

ie: over a year around £312 instead of the £154-.

She was advised this ages ago via a phone conversation and just continued it.

we had a refund of around £90 last year but this seems “a bit” short if you tot it up!

I did check the site but it’s nothing related to this issue,just about how to go about applying.

thats fine,but forewarned is forearmed as they say..so I thought I’d seek help before being blinded with phonespeak first.

stop phoning

write a letter detailing why you think they are incorrect.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I haven’t phoned, that’s the point of me coming on here to ask what anyone thinks before I do either phone or as you suggest write.

i simply wanted to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience of applying for a refund under these circumstances,so,as I said earlier, I know how to approach them.

always best to write.

cant see them refusing.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs

The online portal seems designed to assume that they dont make errors or overcharging and the only time you would require a refund is in the following list.:-

I'm moving to an address that already has a TV Licence. How can I cancel mine?

I’ve moved or I don't watch TV at my new address. How do I cancel my licence?

How do I cancel my Direct Debit?

I’m moving abroad – how do I cancel my licence?

I’m moving into a care home. Do I need to cancel my licence?

Refunds

But there are contact details and how to make a complaint.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you Andy, I appreciate your reply, however as I stated none of that applies to this particular issue.

i have made in roads today though, I did phone in the first instance,apologies dx100😬,and found out that we had in fact set up this payment plan back in 2005.

i then requested statements for the past 15 yrs. They would only send the last three years unless(for dx100) I wrote in and made a formal request.

This I,m happy to say I did and await their arrival.

This done I then wrote a formal letter of complaint,explaining that we have overpaid,since 2005,that none of this money ever rolled over into the following years,other than 2014.

This was pointed out to me by the befuddled customer rep,who could see that far back and that £150 had been paid,and £179 rolled over to 2015.

Again however,none of this money shows on the account on line.

we are though apparently paid up for the next two years in advance,and I was immediately offered this as a refund.

I declined,as it would be improper to accept a refund at this stage,as by my reckoning and probably yours too, the amount far outlays that sum.

All in all a good days work

Thanks for your input.i,ll keep you posted.

no harm in sending an sar to get everything

to be sure

well done

dx

spreadsheets 

Thank you Andy, I appreciate your reply, however as I stated none of that applies to this particular issue.

i have made in roads today though, I did phone in the first instance,apologies dx100😬,and found out that we had in fact set up this payment plan back in 2005.

i then requested statements for the past 15 yrs. They would only send the last three years unless(for dx100) I wrote in and made a formal request.

This I,m happy to say I did and await their arrival.

This done I then wrote a formal letter of complaint,explaining that we have overpaid,since 2005,that none of this money ever rolled over into the following years,other than 2014.

This was pointed out to me by the befuddled customer rep,who could see that far back and that £150 had been paid,and £179 rolled over to 2015.

Again however,none of this money shows on the account on line.

we are though apparently paid up for the next two years in advance,and I was immediately offered this as a refund.

I declined,as it would be improper to accept a refund at this stage,as by my reckoning and probably yours too, the amount far outlays that sum.

All in all a good days work

Thanks for your input.i,ll keep you posted.

dx,

thanks for the motivation.

Yes I appreciate that none of the on line portal reasons apply but was simply pointing out that there is no actual facility  to refund  other than for those reasons and TV Licencing appear to think that there is no way an overcharge could possibly happen.