• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply. Yes the hob was bought Sept but not installed until early Dec, started showing faults almost immediately but because it was 'bought' over 30 days Curry's washed their hands of it. The hob cost £229.00 and I still have it here. Yesterday I sent an email to Alex Baldock CEO of Curry's and I received a reply almost immediately from his office who have passed it onto their 'Executive Resolution Team' who will investigate and respond to the matter in due course. The email sent was more or less the exact copy of the one that I posted here so we will now wait their investigation and I will let you know the outcome.
    • The shortage of semiconductors is continuing to have a major impact on industries around the world.View the full article
    • Hi CAG,   First time poster here.   I would like to start off by saying that I've read through various threads and it's quite heartwarming to see the level of attention and support you give to people dealing with often stressful and anxiety inducing circumstances. I'll certainly be making a donation as this is truly a valuable resource.   I've read several similar threads to my own situation but I thought I'd seek your advice.   I opened a letter just a few hours ago from London Collection and Compliance Centre which is dated 11th January 2022 for an amount totalling £870.68. I'll attach a copy below. I can't quite remember the date of the initial offence. For context, I boarded a bus (I believe in 2018) and unbeknownst to me, my contactless card did not register correctly on the reader. I had my headphones in with music playing and was sat for my journey and then was approached by a ticket inspector who informed me that I did not tap and therefore was unable to provide proof of a valid ticket. Despite explaining the circumstances, I was asked for my details which I provided in full. I was honest and forthcoming with the ticket inspector but I wasn't aware this would amount to a fine as I was provided with a printed pass for the remainder of my journey. I accept liability for not being able to provide proof of a valid ticket and do not wish to dispute this regardless of intent.    I'm not entirely sure why I didn't pay the fine upon receipt of TfL's initial correspondence but I'm a long time sufferer of anxiety and depression which at times is so debilitating that I'm unable to make the best decisions or carry out simple actions. Some of which would mean I wouldn't need to make this post. I struggled financially at the time of receiving this letter and further correspondence which placed I did not deal with correctly because of the mental state I was in. I struggled to cope with and stupidly I neglected my responsibility and buried my head in the sand. I made an error in judgement that I wholeheartedly regret.   As of writing (early hours of 26th January 2022), the 10 working days given in the 'Further steps notice' has elapsed (25th January 2022). I rarely receive mail and therefore I don't regularly check my mailbox. However, I decided to take a look today as I suspected I missed a Royal Mail delivery. I intend on calling the number on the letter at the earliest appropriate time in the morning and dealing with this matter. I'm desperate to right my previous wrongs as I've worked hard to deal with my anxiety by beginning therapy. However, like many others in this thread, I'm worried about the prospect of having a criminal record. I'm 26 years only and I don't have any previous convictions nor have I had any trouble with the law. I have a real love for the service TfL provides and I'm capable of listing off an endless stream of related trivia. I have no previous run ins with TfL and regularly travel on the network and pay the correct, full fare each time.    I'm worried about how this will affect my future in regards to employment and my intention of naturalising as a British citizen (I've been in the UK for 20 years now).   I'll note my primary questions below and would truly appreciate your advice.   a) If I get in contact with the number on the letter as soon as possible, will that be too late despite the close proximity to the deadline?   b) What would be the best potential approach to resolving this issue? (I'm unable to pay the amount in as a lump sum.)   c) If I were successful in arranging a payment plan/somehow paying the amount in full, how would that affect the court proceedings? Would this still result in a criminal record?   d) I've seen other threads which mention OOC settlements with TfL, would this be an option despite receipt of a 'Further steps notice' letter?   e) Should I end up in court or have the opportunity to speak to someone over the phone - will I be able to explain my circumstance and plead for leniency?   f) What other general steps would you suggest I take at this stage to mitigate the consequences?   Apologies for this post being so long, I wanted to include as much relevant detail as possible and I'm more than happy to provide any that's missing. I don't want to make excuses for myself. I completely accept I'm in the wrong for allowing things to get to this stage, despite the difficulty I had with my mental state but I want to do right by myself and deal with this. I'll post regular updates and be sure to include a conclusion once I deal with the matter regardless of the outcome.   Thank you in advance for looking at this post, I really do appreciate what you do.   IMG_2609.pdf
    • The worrying aspect is that they could well run away ... then a few months down the line, knowing full well you'd moved, sue you at your old address, knowing you would lose by default.  Therefore I suggest sending the above letter off on Thursday if the other regulars don't disagree, then on Saturday another one to just UKPM     Dear UK Car Park Management Limited,   re: PCN no.XXXXX   please note that I no longer live at XXXXX but that my new address is XXXXX.   Yours,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

T.Hudson V Halifax, New Claim just started, please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, I came across this site as my husband had mentioned that I could claim back bank charges for the last 6 years, I was dubious at first, however reading through it seems he is right!

Having just received yet another bank charge ( twenty eight pounds) for going £10 over my agreed overdraft limit I was motivated to finally do something about it.

I am with the Halifax, so what I intend to do now is ask for your support as I pursue my claim.

I am very, very nervous, but as I am on maternity leave at the moment with lots of time to spare, it seems like a good idea to claim back that which is rightfully mine!

Having read the step by step instructions, my understanding is, that I should first send a cheque for £ 10 to the Halifax ( I have the correct address) and using the template from the library (Subject Access Request) post this straight out and keep my fingers crossed.

I am making the cheque out to Halifax PLC is that correct?

Sorry to sound so dense, but I am new so any help at this stage would be appreciated.

It also makes me very angry to think that the Halifax or any other bank have the cheek to slap these illegal charges on us.

Thanks for this wonderful site, it is very informative & helpful.

some people prefer the sar, by the book and stuff but if the results of a phonecall are the same only quicker then why not, also you can't reclaim the fiver like you can reclaim the tenner for the sar, personal preference I think aslo for telephone banking are thay not always open, no time like the present.

Guest Battleaxe

I used the SAR route, it lays a paper trail if you have to file in Court and if the Judge can see you have done everything by the book it may help. By going the SAR route you get full disclosure and you can see exactly how they handled your account. this also makes them sit up and see you are serious about making this claim for repayment of charges. it is the waiting for them to comply with the request and if they don't complay there is recourse theoruhg the Information Commissioners office (which we have done with MBNA and Clydesdale Finance) as well as being to apply for an order with the County Court, then they have to disclose to the judge all the documentation you have requested.

keep copies of everything you send and send everything recorded delivery, because the tricky little deveils calim they haven't received the letters and you have proof they did.

Hope this helps in your quest to reclaim your charges. you will win, it wont be that easy. oh and do not agree to anything over the telphone, get it all in writing. As I said they are as slippery and as tricky as a barrel of eels.

Onwards and upwards

i just paid £5 to halifax for my statements dont give them any more that that.

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

When I took my request into my branch I was given the £5 and couple of weeks option, but took the formal £10 and 40 days option, simply for the reasons Battleaxe gives - you have your requests in black & white and also (if you use the template for SAR) the Halifax will have to answer about 'manual intervention' which they always say they can't disclose, but then when you take them to court, they then can't say 'oh, but we charge this horrendous amount because there's human intervention'.

It is a case of you building up as strong a case a possible. And you can always claim back the £10 fee as well!

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

I must admit halifax gave me the amount of my charges over last 6 years over the phone so asked them to send me a print out of all my charges which they have. Do you think this is OK? Have sent sent 1st letter and they said they could not resolve this at local level so have sent the matter onto their customer relations dept. Got reply back from them saying would not refund any charges but could go to financial ombudsman. So have now sent LBA by recorded and am waiting for reply, phew.

Guest Battleaxe

Doo

What a push over you are. Trusting them to give you all the charges is like asking Dracula to guard the Blood Bank.

You will not shorten the process in any way and how do you know you have the lot. they HIDE things and the only way to squirrel the lot out is to have ALL you documentation. it only costs £10.00 and you get that back eventually.

Also you do not have the paper trail laid in case you lodge a complaint to the Informoration Commissioner.

They are ot going to co-operate this easily with you. They think they have you and will settle for anything they offer.

Get tough with them and demand the lot.

Thisnk you need a thread of your own also, if you haven't started one.

sorry hit the reply quick by mistake, what shall I do about my LBA as my timescale won't apply now as I will be awaiting more paperwork. Also does it make any difference if the charges were for unpaid DD's or paid items such as DD's or cheque.

Guest Battleaxe

Doo,

Charges are charges whether it be unpaid DD, failed cheques or unpaid items. These all attract charges but can be sure you have the lot?

MODS can you move this to a new thread as we are hijacking T. Hudson's thread.

Doo PM me and I will try help you sort this.