• Tweets

• On the first point, yes, but I now know that the "traffic building up beyond my control after I entered the box" is not an acceptable defence due to the rules.   Re second point, well I *did* have to break suddenly, otherwise I'd have hit the black car in front of me. I understand now that this is not "defence enough" on the contravention.   Re loophole on pics/video: I read in another post somewhere (not sure it was here or someplace else) that your reg must be clearly seen in the pics/videos at the *time* it's committing the offence ("captured live" I think it was the expression used) and that it's not permitted for someone to go over the footage in order to zoom in your number plate. So, what I'm saying is: from the pics/video (except the really dark pic that's zooming on my reg only), you *cannot* see the reg of my car. Hence why the pic zoomed on my reg doesn't show the full car *actually commiting* the offence. They're trying to *infer* that it's my car. (*I* know it is, but don't they have to prove the offence actually being committed by *my* car with pics that show the full car/position *and* reg? aka, not just a random zoomed in pic that could've been anywhere, hence the argument about "not being allowed to go over footage in order to capture offence/details").   Thanks for your time in answering btw ☺
    • Hi   Robinson Way are still chasing on this saying its not statute barred, but another issue has come to light since submitting a mortgage application.   CL Finance have a second charge on the property for this from ~2012, which the mortgage lender want removed before making an offer. CL Finance Limited (Company no. 01108021) was dissolved in October.   Does anyone have any advice on how i can have the charge removed and how we can stop Robinson Way chasing.   Many thanks   Dean
    • Yes - always best not to bury your head in the sand
    • Don't worry about the hearing fee date....concentrate on complying with the courts directions by date.   Andy
    • Hi @slick132 apologies for the delay responding.   Letter to the gym (1Life):   "Dear 1Life   RE: Cancellation of memberships ********* & **********   I refer to the aforementioned memberships at 1Life ******* Leisure Centre. We have cancelled our Direct Debit mandates and now realise that we did not provide 30 days’ notice needed. I therefore offer to pay the outstanding £49.98 for the notice period, consisting of £24.99 for ********** and £24.99 for *********.   I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider the third parties attempt to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contract is terminated and we will ignore any further demands. If you confirm in writing that you will accept the amount of £49.98 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any higher amount, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.   Yours Sincerely,"   Letter to DCA (DFC):   "Dear Debit Finance Collections Plc   RE: Notification of Unpaid Direct Debit Payment - Ref No ******** & *********   Further to receipt of emails from yourselves regarding missed payment and late payment charges, I confirm that I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider these attempts to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contracts are terminated and we will ignore any further demands.     Yours Sincerely,"   Interestingly (and more than likely irrelevant) the email response from DFC stated that they wouldn't deal with me regarding my partners membership due to data protection, but then they also named her in the email! Surely a breach of data protection in itself!   Thanks Buddy2015  
  • Our picks

sweets-on-the-move

PARKING TICKET AT IBIS HOTEL ROTHERHAM WHILST STAYING THERE

received a parking charge notice from civil enforcement ltd liverpool. 

this was a charge for parking at the ibis hotel bramley rotherham on 26/07/2019. 

parked in breach & terms of conditions. 

i was dropping my girlfreind and her sister off at the hotel as they had booked in as guests for the weekend. 

the vehicle was there for about 60 mins  

there demanding a fine under the schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012. 

the fine is £100.00 

please advise what i need to do about this please

please show us where it says this is a fine please?

also complete this:

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The first thing is to give IBIS some grief and demand they get it cancelled.  Either get your girlfriend to do it or you comunicate with them quoting her booking details (I've stayed with IBIS several times myself and there is always a booking number).  If they are useless in Rotherham quickly escalate to area and then CEO level.     

removed jpg posted directly to post

PDF only please 

read upload

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I agree, go route 1 and if you can get the 2 ladies to speak to them and let them know that they dotn expect to have their lift provider charged more than they pay to stay there (and that Ibis will be flamed on social media if they dont sort out this problem).

What was the date you got the NTK through the post? that is most important to knwo before you say anything to the parking co directly

2nd september 2019 is the date on the letter .we do have the booking details also the confirmation and booking reference no .dated regards

So - what did IBIS say when you demanded they get this cancelled?

So having infested  their property with bandits, IBIS's solution is for you to contact the bandits and ask them not to practise their banditry - er, I wonder what the bandits will reply?

I would escalate it to CEO level.  I hope this isn't out of date https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9393&c=Accor%20Hotels%20UK-Managing%20Director

Point out that you were accompanying genuine customers, that the local IBIS were useless and obviously want their customers to go to Travelodge or Premier Inn, and that if you are sued by CEL you will add IBIS to the case as a third party.  Unless IBIS do their job and get the invoice cancelled immediately.

• Thanks 1

you dont accept this, you get on to IBIS head office as explained. If they have a facebook or other social media account you post on it that they are less than helpfula dn as it is therir land they have the final say, not some bunch of ex-clampers.

Dont forget to get the ladies to start a chargeback via the card they paid for their visit on. If the bank wnats to know why they simply failed to provide the service paid for and refused to look into the complaint.

Once that is under way they should let Ibis know about this and say that any attempt to stop this chargeback will be resisted