Motorcycle Damaged whilst in Transit for Repair

Geocyper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening.

There was an attempted theft on my Motorcycle, the steering lock was damaged and the shaft the handle bars attach to.

I rang Bike-sure and made claim.

They arranged for my bike to be picked up to be taken to be assessed.

I got text from company dealing with assessment 4th Dimension to say my Bike was a write off.  I was amazed.

They then started to list the damage on the bike, it was completely at odds with my claim.

I have now seen copies of picts off bike, it has been dropped or fell over in their care.  Their is no way that damage was their when the bike left my possession.

Any advice.

Thanks.

Contact Bike-Sure to report this, as the underwriters may not have been made aware of this.  The bike is your property and it looks like someone has not handed it with care.  Although you should receive the bikes market value, less any excess,  you lose opportunity of getting the bike back repaired.

I suspect that no one is going to own up to causing this additional damage, but the Insurers need to be made aware of this, as damage related to attempted theft was reported originally and the write off report will not seem consistent with an attempted theft as it was reported.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi unclebulgaria67, thanks for that, I have done all that and I have been told by Bikesure I have to chase 4th Dimension for this.

i told Bikesure no, you get it fixed out.  My contract is with them not 4th Dimension.  I have provided two Statements from people that confirmed that the only damage was what I reported to them during original, claim no more no less.

Am I on right track whom to chase on this, I have wrote to 4th Dimension stating in my opinion that it had been dropped on fell over during transit.

thanks

Yes Bikesure are the ones you have an Insurance contract with, so they cannot shirk responsibility.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for confirming that.  I had interesting phone call from Insurance company trying to get me to agree to settlement figure, they said “ Let’s get this  settled, get you your money so you can look for another bike” I said no.

The major damage on my bike was done whilst in transit to repair organised by Bikesure.  I have two complaints in.

1. Bikesure.

2. 4th Dimension.

i need to get them heard and a decision made on them, before I could make an informed decision on how to proceed.

He then offered me an interim payment until these complaints were resolved, I refused, was this the right course off action?

He said I could go to the ombudsman, I said yes also Small Claims Court, as my claim would be under £10000.

May be use the situation to your advantage.

Find similar bikes for sale at dealers and send details to Bikesure.  Suggest that as the bike is now a write off because of the way it was handled by the companies they contracted, that they settle for the full retail value, plus pay you compensation to reflect the inconvenience. 

Send it in writing and get proof of posting. You can email them with the Information, but should back this up by posting the details.

The policy that Bikesure sold you is the contract and if they are not fulfilling the contract, then your action is against them.

You seem to be phoning them and not getting the answer you want to hear.  Waste of time doing that. You need to find out who their claims manager is and write to them. The customer service staff you are talking to, are unlikely to be able to help you.

Good afternoon,

unclebulgaria67,

I have done as you suggested and complained to Claims manager in writing.

i have since found out that my bike was not taken for repair, but was taken to another premises business and left there for 4 days, without my knowledge or permission.

4thDimension has said that my bike has not been dropped or damaged, the events speak for themselves.  I am now been, I believe, pressured to accept settlement.

i am awaiting SAR reply from 4th Dimension and Bikesure, I need this info before I proceed.  I would be grateful for any advice from members,

Thanks.  

• 1 month later...

If you issued a Court claim, what would you be seeking as a settlement ?

Have a think about what you want to achieve by taking this action.

Have you already been offered full market value for the bike ?

Hi, I have only got SAR back, they have not given me a settlement figure as of yet.  I will contact them again.

The cost to replace my bike with same spec, age, condition £3700.

i wanted them to repair bike, but they are saying it was a write off, not interested in the damage caused, whilst was in their hands.