• Tweets

• yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
    • Most guarantees are not transferable anyway to the new owner so why a solicitor should request it is pointless.The quotes should suffice to prove the work was carried out.   Andy
    • Apologies for the prolonged radio silence!   To cut a very long story short, I went back to Barclaycard (because I bought the car with my VISA card) and they offered to repair the car at a cost of £2500.   We accepted the offer because we were advised that even if we went to court and won the case, there was no guarantee that the dealer would give us our money back anyway or would end up paying us £10 a week for the next umpteen years.   The decision to have the car repaired was also made in the light of the fact that apart from the gearbox issue the rest of the car was in good nick. It is running fine after nearly 4 months now, so even if our friend gets a few more years out of it it will have been worth it.   Now that it is all settled I can reveal the name of the dealer - it was Thatcham Motor Company, in Thatcham, Berks. Very pleasant to deal with at first whilst everything was ok but boy oh boy, beware if anything goes wrong!   Similarly Momentum Warranties who provided the 6 months "warranty". On paper this warranty apparently covers practically every conceivable fault that the car might develop until you try to make a claim!   It seems that only if a component physically breaks that any cover is provided, otherwise they will hide behind the "fair wear and tear" get-out clause. Can an ECU unit be subject to wear and tear?   I would not touch either of these outfits again with the proverbial barge pole. Buyer beware!   One further thing I forgot to mention. We ran up considerable expenses trying to sort all the issues - the engineer's reports, travel costs etc.   Is it too late to try to claim these back from the dealer now? I just ran out of energy by the time Barclaycard agreed to pay for the repair but now the dust has settled I am up for it again!   Would this have to be done via the Small Claims Court?
  • Our picks

Wasn't quite sure where to plant this!

few months ago I missed a payment to payment assist.

I emailed the other day to confirm I will make the payment at the end of September.

I am however refusing to pay the extra charges they have added.

Now do not get me wrong maybe a £20 penalty I understand but these..

The original missed payment is 88.31

These other charges I have said you are more than welcome to take me to court.

Below are the "extras" they would like to add.

Can I just ask if anyone thinks a letter is worth £40!

Just to add, the initial email I had was saying the potential of ccjs etc and my name being sent to publications regarding the court action which over 88.31 I thought a bit over the top to threaten in an email

Missed payment fee - £40.00

Letter Fee - £60.00

Chargeback fee - £56.00

Admin Fee - £25.00

Interest £22.32

What is payment assist??

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

You have work done on a car and you pay 25% then the rest in three other payments interest free.

Edited by Terminalpigeon

Penalty fees are unenforceable yes

refer them to the fca/fos rules/guidelines

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Payment Assist’s offering is one that was designed for the automotive sector. With an intention to ease the burden of the unexpected bill that you may have when your car is taken into the garage for a Service or MOT. Whilst you may be budgeting for the cost of the Service or MOT, when your car needs some additional work or parts, this additional cost can make a dent in your finances, sometimes meaning that the critical work that your car needs to make it roadworthy is put off until you can afford this extra cost. 

Payment Assist are here to help, spreading the cost of this work means that you can remain driving safely, whilst paying for the work over a 4 month period. The payment plan is interest and fee free* and is designed to support you when you need it most

https://www.payment-assist.co.uk/sectors.html

But just you dare miss a payment and we will hammer you in fees £203.32 for 1 late payment and thats how they make their money......steer clear.(no pun intended) :becky:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread