John Fowler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

have just  returned from a  holiday from hell with John Fowler and yes before anyone says I have been here long enough to know what to do I have already done it but no joy, plus Yahoo mail and services are down all over the world it seems today so not able to access  it

We went to John Fowler in Somerset, Sandy Glade  holiday park,  was given the keys to a caravan that on first look  seemed fine but then after little boy ( 14 months old ) had crawled on the floor  noticed he was absolutely filthy and had to shower him,

it was then  saw the cooker was filthy as well, had several other things  that were wrong, fridge door broken etc but the worse was finding dog mess under a bed,

little boy was just about to put it in his mouth as he at that age when he thinks  everything is to eat!

There were big piles of it and went find someone to complain but it was late at night and no one around.

We bagged it up and first thing next  day went to put in an official complaint as dog mess can damage eyes and we do not have a dog but for some reason was given a  dog friendly caravan 

We took photos of the mess as proof,  a cleaner came first then         a lady who was in charge of them and we told her what had happened she asked who had cleaned the caravan as there is a note saying who had,  handed her the note and she left,

next came a manager in charge of the cleaners  called John he was appalled at  what gone wrong and said the official complaint would now be done by himself and he would keep us informed,   

he did come a couple times with updates and at the end of the holiday  gave us contact  details of customer care and who to contact.

We did this soon got home and  got a reply back saying it was being taken serious and they would get back to me once thy had spoken to the site,

now I have had to phone them 3 times as nothing has been heard since, 

am being fobbed off now as they  do not  seem to know who John is, or anything about a complaint,   been promised  call backs but nothing, paid nearly £1,800 for this holiday so expect better, dread to think what could have happened

Sorry for long post

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Well I'm very pleased that you've been here long enough that you know what to do. This means that you have been recording your telephone calls because you are thoroughly familiar with our customer services guide – yes?

It seems to me the only thing left is to calculate the value of your claim.

How many of you were on the holiday? How long was the holiday for? Did you stay to the bitter end? In order to take the holiday, did any of you take time off work by way of holiday entitlement?

Assuming that you used up some of your holiday entitlement, how much holiday entitlement you get per year?

I can not record phone calls, we were there from 17/8/19 to 31/8/19, 4 adults and 2 children and yes 2 of the party booked time off from work for the holiday

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Well if you are going to do anything on the phone then you should record your phone calls. Otherwise, don't use the phone.

You are all in the same caravan – the six of you. May I ask why you tolerated it. Was there not a possibility of being moved to a separate van?

Also, you have an address my question as to what is the total annual holiday entitlement for each person. It is important to know this in order to understand whether your two weeks represented 50% of holiday, 30% of holiday – et cetera. I hope that you can see that the greater percentage of your valuable holiday time which was used up on this holiday essentially means that your loss of holiday enjoyment has a greater value

• Thanks 1

we asked to be moved only to be told there were no more 3 bed caravans available ( there was ) one of the party is allowed 4 weeks holiday not sure on my daughters partner as he is self employed and only recently started the job, most of the  messages have been done by email which Yahoo is still down

So was the caravan eventually cleaned to a proper standard or did it remain that way for the entire holiday?

• Thanks 1

We only stayed as the holiday was mainly for the children, they did   come and purify the bedroom  while we were out so they said and they  cleaned it once, its the dog mess we are disgusted by,  we had to have them out   to fix issues several times, believe John Fowler is part of Hoseasons

What was the weather like? Were you obliged at all to stay inside the caravan during the day or during the evening or where you able to get out? Was the linen provided by you or by them? If it was provided by them, what condition was it in?

weather was lovely, too hot at times so did stay in, caravan smelt of dog and daughter and partner  said they woke itching in night, linen was provided, mostly good but did see blood stains on duvet, they changed the bedding once

Did you get photographs of the bloodstained duvet?

Any flea bites – and any evidence of them?

daughters  partner had a bite, we told them as there were no  mattress or pillow protectors on the beds, so could been flea bites or bed bugs! Got photo's  of the dog mess, did not see the blood stains till last day when we took the bedding off 😕

Edited by snowdragon

Thanks, maybe you would like to post up some of the images here so we can have a look.

Also I think it would be worth sending a tweet to this company so that they know that the matter has been discussed here and that it is being aired publicly.

As I've already indicated, the question is how much to claim for. You had a holiday which cost £1800 but if you divide that by six people, I don't think £300 compensation per head is enough.

We looking at a substantial health risk and loss of enjoyment – not to mention the cost of the holiday and also the loss of holiday entitlement.

I understand that you have already tried to contact them and they have been fobbing you off. I think you need to take control of this and so I would suggest that you write them a letter outlining a list of all the things that went wrong, what steps you took to try and remedy the situation and what the reaction was from the company when you try to take those steps.

Include photographs. – I think we would like to see them here first.

I think that if you don't get a response within seven days and which is clearly a response which is not attempting to fob you off but which is concerned and wants to show a way forward, then you should issue your letter of claim and then sue them. I have in mind £4000 – maybe £4500 on behalf of the sixth of you. What you think of this? This is not to say that this is what you would get, but it could be a reasonable starting position.

I would also find out the name of the local press at Burnham on Sea or close by and in my initial letter I would make it clear that if you don't get a full, positive and nondefensive response that you will be contacting the local press and also regional BBC for that area with your report of what has happened together with photographs.

• Like 1

I will try get the photo's  as my daughter has them on her phone,  I do not have a camera on my phone, I do not use twitter, I  will  write to them was going to anyhow

Sorry for delay in a reply but was rushed hospital at weekend,

just had a reply from John Fowler offering me £500 refund! Not replied to them yet

Sandy xx

It doesn't sound like nearly enough to me but it's up to you at least the money is there and no more problems.

thanks BF was going ask for at least half seeing as  holiday was just under £1.800, it has taken them    awhile to reply to me and  I still keep seeing little boy and dog mess :(

Also 500 between 6 people isn't very much.

maybe you should think about coming back and saying that you would accept £2,500 if they want to avoid legal action otherwise you will go ahead for 4000

Send them the photos

they saw the mess so know it was there

Yes but show them the photos anyway so they can see that you have got all the evidence.

And you still haven't shown us the photos yet although you promised us you would

thats because I do not have them, my daughter has and as explained I was  rushed to hospital at the weekend

these  are pictures of the dog mess, bear in mind it was  very late at night they were taken

Sandy

pix.pdf

Hi

Something to also consider.

Also remember as that was a Caravan Site they would require a Licence from the Local Council to Operate.

Where the Dog Fouling happened is not only a Health & Safety risk but also against the Law (Dog Fouling Act). (I would remind them of that)

Also due to the Dog Fouling you can also report this to the Local Councils Environmental Health Team (for the area the Caravan is situated).

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Stu

dogs are allowed on this site and the caravan they gave us was  actually a dog friendly one which as we do not have a dog , did not need.

I will  certainly be reporting this as they are still trying to fob us of

Thanks,

Sandy 

Just remember irrespective that the Caravan Site allows Dogs and also in certain Caravans that Company still need to follow the Dog Fouling Act more importantly since they allow Dogs and the own Polices & Procedures to comply with that act.

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group