• Tweets

• Even though I’ve been paying them for this long?    I know you’re going to say something along the lines of “because they’re a bunch of muppets” but why are they doing this as if I’ve not been paying?   dx - I took the name and address out for privacy...
    • you didn't pay lidls the speculative invoice charge of £45.   the only connection to them is their head office signed their region up to have their local stores car parks managed by the scammers because they had been duped into thinking people that abuse their car parks cost the region xxx in lost shopping revenue because another shopper could have used it.   they never see any of the money these bandits gleam from people paying a speculative invoice off ever and annually get ripped off by paying the fleecers £10'000 each year to give them permission to manage their carparks. anyone that pays the money goes directly into the parking fleecers pockets.   however i understand you are new and green but part of a forum is also self help which relates to my comment about where did you ever get the idea to pay them from...certainly not here.   so lidls wont be doing and can't do anything further, they certain wont be interested in instructing their fleecers to refund you and can't and most certainly won't refund you themselves.   go do a chargeback   dx              
    • OK,  I have not claimed anyone told us to pay in this forum.   As grown up adults we made this decision. I am sharing our experience in case it benefits anyone.    Our approach to this is if Lidl didn't help at the end we would take our shopping elsewhere and the so called reduced charge of £45 paid would be the end of the story, even if is unfair.    As I mentioned Lidl cust. service already emailed us to confirm that they have contacted Athena to cancel the charge, I'll first follow up with Lidl. If not resolved will resort to chargeback.  
    • no one ever said PAY THEM, you never ever do that.   if you paid by debit card go get it back by a chargeback to your issuing bank.      
    • The head of the Confederation of British Industry urges a "spirit of compromise" as trade talks resume. View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Are You Blacklisted?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 388 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Article from The Mirror - Very useful insight into CIFAS. 

HERE

Woman loses career and is blacklisted as a 'fraudster' for £362 debt

EXCLUSIVE: Chevi Daniels was stunned when she was told she was having her job offer withdrawn due to a so-called marker linked to a purchase she made a year earlier. Now, she's been told the fraud alert will stay until 2023

"I was a strong person before all of this happened - now I'm trapped in a state of depression that I cannot shake off."

That's how 28-year-old Chevi Daniels says she felt after losing her entire career to a fraud register she knew nothing about - all for being £362 in debt.

The young woman from Morden, South London, found out she'd been listed as a potential criminal a year after taking out a credit agreement with Shop Direct - which owns Very.co.uk.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• fkofilee pinned and locked this topic

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 388 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you