BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I don't have any doubts but that if they have breach the contract then they must leave you in the position that you would have been if the breach hadn't occurred. This means that the very least that you shouldn't be out of pocket at all – and in fact if you incurred extra losses having to remedy their breach – by making other arrangements then I think you should be entitled to this as well.
    • On a side note -  I expect Barclays to extend the contact time to the week after. Only because your case isnt a simple one to deal with and they may have to do further investigation.  Let us know what the Adjudicator says... Remember this - The FOS in recent memory have become a dog with no teeth...  
    • CCA is not re-setting the date it is a right?   no CRA showing how can they report a non existent account which is not showing, pay them and if it was then it would just show partially settled and still be there killing your score for 6 years letters may this/that and the other are just threatograms used by the office junkie, Cabot know this,  sit on your hands and stop seeing what is not there"!  Statute Barred is Final end of sure Dx  will respond as well
    • I booked a one way flight online for my wife and I with Ryanair in December '19 for a flight from Spain to UK in August '20. The flight confirmation showed that the cost of the flight was €145.68 and that my card had been debited £133.01.  I don't recall being given the option of choosing to pay in euros or GBP but it is possible that I was.   On 5/2/20 they contacted me to advise that "Due to the non-delivery of the Boeing Max aircraft this summer, please be advised that there has been a significant time change to your Ryanair booking". It was in fact much more than a significant change in that it was a cancellation of a flight on that day from that airport which had been tailored to fit our preceding travel plans so I just asked for a refund, as I could not find a suitable alternative with Ryanair.   The refund was processed and Ryanair sent me an email stating, "We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account. The amount refunded to your credit/debit card is GBP 133.01"  When I checked my bank account I saw that they had refunded me €145.68 which when exchanged left me £119.58 leaving me £13.43 out of pocket.  On contacting Ryanair they said it was my bank's fault and not theirs as they refunded the full amount paid.  My bank advised that Ryanair debited my account originally in GBP therefore they should have refunded this amount in GBP.   I made an official complaint to Ryanair which they have rejected stating that I was in breach of their General Conditions of Carriage by not selecting the correct payment option.  I feel that because they did a currency conversion on payment and debited my account in GBP that they should have refunded the GBP amount that they took.   I also wonder how many others has this happened to and I smell a large rat. Could anyone offer any views on this, and/or if I have any comeback and where I could take it please?
  • Our picks

2ltr16valve

Wife and I bankrupt June 19. HMRC taken recalculated award against debt ?

Looking at this again, I don't know why I suggested contacting the DWP for a tax credit overpayment. I blame tiredness.

You need to submit a mandatory reconsideration to HMRC as soon as possible. You can fill it out online if you have a gateway account or print off the form here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/child-tax-credit-and-working-tax-credit-appeal-form

Don't wait while HMRC drags its feet. If the mandatory reconsideration does not overturn the decision, you can then appeal. Post back here for assistance if you need to.

Edited by Will Goodfellow

2 minutes ago, Will Goodfellow said:

Looking at this again, I don't know why I suggested contacting the DWP for a tax credit overpayment. I blame tiredness.

You need to submit a mandatory reconsideration to HMRC as soon as possible. You can fill it out online if you have a gateway account or print off the form here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/child-tax-credit-and-working-tax-credit-appeal-form

Don't wait while HMRC drags its feet. If the mandatory reconsideration does not overturn the decision, you can then appeal. Post back here for assistance if you need to.

that’s all already been done. Formal complaint on 3/9 on phone which was escalated on 04/09 by hmrc due to seriousness of it. 
MR submitted online also on 04/09 and written letter sent and received by hmrc on 10/09. 

still nothing ...... 

That's not surprising. You could chase it up but I'd be surprised if you receive a reply within a month.

Edited by Will Goodfellow

16 hours ago, Will Goodfellow said:

That's not surprising. You could chase it up but I'd be surprised if you receive a reply within a month.

just had a phone call from TC, they have agreed I was right and they should not have taken any payments and that they made multiple errors. 
they are now trying to work out how to pay the money back without the system throwing up more overpayments or sending recovery to UC. 
they are also going to pay redress and compensation. 
The man is hoping to have a final answer and figure on what they are paying next week. 

Hope UC don't class it all as income and nil your UC.   that is why they are looking how to pay you without the system snatching it back Unclebulgaria will know more about that side.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Hope UC don't class it all as income and nil your UC.   that is why they are looking how to pay you without the system snatching it back Unclebulgaria will know more about that side.

I did raise this with TC, as I can see this exact scenario happening. TC will be sending me a letter stating it’s owed money from June-July before UC was in payment so has nil effect. 

TC are looking more at a manual payment too as that system doesn’t talk to the UC system. 

HMRC just need to cancel the debt amount with DWP Debt management, which should then stop it being deducted from UC statement.

If HMRC failed to stop UC deduction, it would appear on your UC statement as  a deduction towards tax credit overpayment. I think the percentage deduction is about 20% of the standard UC allowance.  If this happens, there is no point phoning UC or DWP Debt management. Call HMRC and ask them to resolve this with DWP Debt Management, who should then refund the amount.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

18 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

HMRC just need to cancel the debt amount with DWP Debt management, which should then stop it being deducted from UC statement.

If HMRC failed to stop UC deduction, it would appear on your UC statement as  a deduction towards tax credit overpayment. I think the percentage deduction is about 20% of the standard UC allowance.  If this happens, there is no point phoning UC or DWP Debt management. Call HMRC and ask them to resolve this with DWP Debt Management, who should then refund the amount.

hi uncle bulgaria. 

I think you might have misunderstood what’s happened. luckily nothing has been deducted From UC as I got to debt management first and they zeroed the amount for 12 weeks. 
TC inform me that they have ‘recalled the debt’ and I have received a letter from them stating I owe nothing now. 

what TC are trying to work out is how to pay me the money they offset against the overpayment that was showing on their system that shouldn’t have been there. As I have moved over to UC this is more difficult as it could cause the TC system to throw a tantrum in x amount of months/years which will again go straight to UC for recovery. 

No doubt HMRC will have a process, as your situation is very unlikely to be unique.  So HMRC will need to use the process they have.  It might be an offline manual payment and an IT fix to correct your record.

Well well we’ll. just got a letter .... they have only gone and sent another £766.87 EACH for my wife and I as DEBT to universal credit for the award period ending 04/2018 !! 

couldn’t make this up honestly!

On 28/09/2019 at 09:46, unclebulgaria67 said:

No doubt HMRC will have a process, as your situation is very unlikely to be unique.  So HMRC will need to use the process they have.  It might be an offline manual payment and an IT fix to correct your record.

apparently not speaking to them, had we still been in receipt of TC and not moved to UC they could have dealt with it easier but they have nothing in place for this set of events as should never have happened... as there are numerous processes in place to prevent it.