received two NIP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Almost month and half ago I received NIC for speeding and offered a course which I've booked in October so still to attend the course however today I received another NIC for driving 36mph in 30 mph restricted road.  Can someone please advise what shall I do?

Shall I send the cover letter when I submit form to explaining that I've already got the course booked or shall I simply submit the form and in that case will I get fine and points this time?

Looking forward to helpful advise.

What was the date of the new (alleged) offence?

When did they send the new NIP?

This is a distinct thread to your previous one, so I’m not suggesting they should be merged, but

Is, perhaps, relevant background.

You knew on 27th July you had a speeding offence.

You’ve been caught again on 25th August.

You can’t really claim that it’d only be fair for them to be dealt with by one speed awareness course.

If knowing that you had one offence you’ve gone and got caught again  .... what is your expectation?

Do the speed awareness course. Take one SP30 fine, endorsement, and points, for the latter offence (unless you believe you aren’t guilty of the offence, which you haven’t suggested so far!)

You have no need to do anything (other than respond to the request for driver's details).

You will not be eligible for a second course (you can only do one of the same type within three years - dates of the offences counting for that - unless one offence is committed in Dorset).

You may erroneously be offered a second course due to the close proximity of the two offences but I doubt it very much.

If you are, simply accept it.

You have no responsibility to remind the police of their policy and even less to correct any mistakes they might make.

• Like 1

If I get offer for the course of course will accept it but I would also like to highlight that the place this happened has the speed sign of 30 on one side and 40 on another side which can be genuine as one side of traffic can go faster then the opposite side but can that help any way in this case?

1 hour ago, rocky_sharma said:

but I would also like to highlight that the place this happened has the speed sign of 30 on one side and 40 on another side which can be genuine as one side of traffic can go faster then the opposite side but can that help any way in this case?

How on Earth do you think this will help? As pointed out, that will be the case whenever a speed limit changes; the limit you have just left will be displayed on the side you cannot see (but be visible to oncoming traffic) and vice versa. How many  have you seen otherwise?

You seem to still be looking for an excuse / an ‘out’.

If getting the first NIP and avoiding points by accepting the speed awareness course didn’t get you to change your driving behaviour / leaves you still looking for excuses... what will?