Post Office Broad Band

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wonder if you could advise.

I signed up to post office broad band as i found a good deal for my home phone and broadband.

It worked very well for the first year, they sent me out an offer for free upgrade to fibre, which i didn't bother with as my broadband was perfectly fine.

I had in the meantime recommended a friend who signed up and she took up the offer of a free upgrade.

For the last 6 months my broadband has become painfully slow, rather like the old dial up systems we once had.

I've telephone the post office on numerous occasions to complain as my laptop while try and sign into my next door neighbours (I don't have the password for) broadband, mine is about 6th on the list of connections. 

Post Office have said there is nothing wrong with the broadband and won't upgrade to fibre without charge.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

can you not connect via an ethernet cable and run a speed test?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Or try another computer...in case yours is getting clogged up and slowing down.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

1. How are you connecting your Laptop to Broadband? (Wireless or via Ethernet cable?)

2. Are all your Laptops Drivers Up to Date?

3. What is your laptop model and what version of windows are you using and is windows up to date?

4. If using a Router to connect to broadband, is its firmware/drivers up to date?

5. When was the last time you cleaned your Laptop? (i.e. registry clean & Defrag, Disc Clean & Defrag (unless ssd) etc.)

6. Have you done a postcode check to see faults in your area?

7. Agree have you done any Speed test's on your Broadband from your Laptop and also used a different device on your broadband to see what results you get?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group